starving an aro

baracuda

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2005
SoCal
I'm trying to get an aro to eat some hikari pellets and just wondering how long this usually takes before the aro takes the food. I'm using the starvation method because it seems to have worked for alot of people.

baracuda

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2005
SoCal
I had him on guppy feeders because thats all they gave him at the lfs. Hes about 2 inches. Im trying to get him on the pellets because i heard it was more healthy.

johnnylaw1984

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2006
Indianapolis, Indiana
from everything ive heard, feeds arnt to good as a staple, but an ocasional treat, i would say only time will tell, keep giving pellets, and after a while he should come around....im sure some one will be able to give you more advice, and maybe other little tricks of the trade...good luck

Steve_89

NISMO
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
?
How big is it?

This determines how long you should starve for.

xrtg

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2005
Singapore
if he's still very young you should have a fairly good chance. but if you've been feeding live feeders chances are very slim.

would do better changing to a mix of live food and a staple of market prawns or shrimps.

xxblwn408

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2005
iN A sMALL pADDeD RoOm
For a 2" aro i would not go more than a few days with out feeding him. Just don't feed enough to get the aro full. Like if you try for three days without taking any pellets give him a feeder or two and start the cycle again.
Worked for me. Although my aro's staple is frozen shrimp.

sam_cj

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2006
PH
baracuda said:
he ate one pellet today but thats it. I think he'll come through. I will also try shrimp.
ate one pellet only.......well that's a starter. continue to introduce shrimp since this way he'll be trained to accept other variety of foods. keep it up! :clap

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store