PDA

View Full Version : Popping a pimple... die of blood loss...

Retuks
06-27-2009, 1:50 AM
any of you ever pop a pimple that never stops bleeding??

i recently got one and i never like to touch them but i ran my finger across it lightly and it popped (guess it was THAT ready to burst). however... its been 20 min and it still wont stop bleeding out clearish red liquid and this is why i hate zits so much!!

i feel like im gonna die of blood loss... why won't the faucet shut off!!

swede
06-27-2009, 1:51 AM
thats nothing...... wait til you cut your adams apple with a dull razor

beginneralex14
06-27-2009, 1:51 AM
haha i hate when that happens specially when i get them on my nose hahah

bluehairman
06-27-2009, 1:55 AM
just leave it and it'll stop and it get all dry and gross looking.

beginneralex14
06-27-2009, 1:57 AM

haha ouch

dmopar74
06-27-2009, 2:04 AM
some things should be kept in the mind.

Retuks
06-27-2009, 2:06 AM
just leave it and it'll stop and it get all dry and gross looking.

hell no!! if you let that liquid run down your face theres plenty of zit-making bacteria in it that will make 100 zits in its wake as it trails down your face!! i gotta hold this stupid napkin on my face until the pimple finally gets turned off...

Retuks
06-27-2009, 2:08 AM

ive sliced my lip in half that way... been there done that. lol but nothing compares to the little tricky zits!! its always the small things that irritate me the most.

rmorse
06-27-2009, 2:23 AM
Sorry dude...there is nothing left you can do.

Say hi to MJ for me.

seaofdreams
06-27-2009, 2:35 AM

i recently got one and i never like to touch them but i ran my finger across it lightly and it popped (guess it was THAT ready to burst). however... its been 20 min and it still wont stop bleeding out clearish red liquid and this is why i hate zits so much!!

Pimples are never supposed to "burst" they are formed in a way that contains the infection in the smallest space possible. You'll need to compress the area for a bit with some gauze or tissue after giving the area a wipe with anti-septic cream or solution or yes, it will spread the infection. Treat pimples exactly for what they are, serious bacterial infections, keep them clean, don't pick at them.

I'm a skin care therapist and the thing I see almost more than anything occuring to people in their 20's is "icepick" scarring from picking blemishes when they were teens. A pimple will last a few days but a scar will last for your entire life, just don't pick or even touch pimples and blackheads.

bluehairman
06-27-2009, 2:48 AM
Blackheads are what I hate...

princess
06-27-2009, 4:50 AM
blackheads are fun! Ahhhhh i'm gonna miss being a teenager

Neervana
06-27-2009, 5:17 AM

Say hi to MJ for me.

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

12 Volt Man
06-27-2009, 3:01 PM
haemophilia is not your friend.

Citrinellus
06-27-2009, 6:52 PM

Say hi to MJ for me.

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Columbian Shark Catfish
06-27-2009, 7:04 PM

I HATE those :ROFL:

Columbian Shark Catfish
06-27-2009, 7:04 PM
blackheads are fun! Ahhhhh i'm gonna miss being a teenager

?!?!?!?!! how are they fun??

ewurm
06-27-2009, 7:05 PM
Don't pop it, your brain might be in there!

D-WALT
06-27-2009, 7:08 PM
Don't pop it, your brain might be in there!

:ROFL::ROFL:hahaha

Retuks
06-27-2009, 11:06 PM
Pimples are never supposed to "burst" they are formed in a way that contains the infection in the smallest space possible. You'll need to compress the area for a bit with some gauze or tissue after giving the area a wipe with anti-septic cream or solution or yes, it will spread the infection. Treat pimples exactly for what they are, serious bacterial infections, keep them clean, don't pick at them.

I'm a skin care therapist and the thing I see almost more than anything occuring to people in their 20's is "icepick" scarring from picking blemishes when they were teens. A pimple will last a few days but a scar will last for your entire life, just don't pick or even touch pimples and blackheads.

you never had those fat pimples that when you make even the slightest brush against something it just starts pouring out?

also, the pimple will have to pop eventually or stay a pimple dried up in your pores as gunk so your saying if i get alot of pimples my fate is sealed and im gonna have a million scars when they pop?

Gobrian44
06-27-2009, 11:16 PM
get one of those white pencil things for shaving....i forget what its called but it helps make your blood clot savons or CVS or wallgreens etc. have them GL

seaofdreams
06-27-2009, 11:18 PM
The reason they get red and pustular is because the body is breaking down all of the bacteria and such that was in there. The gunk you're probably referring to is the pus and which is just a build up of white blood cells which are doing the fighting. The body just breaks them down when the area is healed, nothing remains in the follicle after the pustule has "dried up"
You won't 100% get scarring but there is a high risk. By putting any pressure onto follicular infection, suh as during squeezing, some of the nasty stuff inside comes out but some of it can rupture down into the skin as well, causing damage and possibly leading to abscesses and cysts, which are far nastier than any pimple you will ever see, haha.

Addikted2Cichlids
06-27-2009, 11:28 PM
The reason they get red and pustular is because the body is breaking down all of the bacteria and such that was in there. The gunk you're probably referring to is the pus and which is just a build up of white blood cells which are doing the fighting. The body just breaks them down when the area is healed, nothing remains in the follicle after the pustule has "dried up"
You won't 100% get scarring but there is a high risk. By putting any pressure onto follicular infection, suh as during squeezing, some of the nasty stuff inside comes out but some of it can rupture down into the skin as well, causing damage and possibly leading to abscesses and cysts, which are far nastier than any pimple you will ever see, haha.

Sounds like she knows her ****, but if u read his post he says he usually leaves them alone this one just popped when he brushed against it, it think I learned more about zits in the last 10 minutes then I have my whole life.. Weird post but very informative.. I'm new so I'm sure this ins'y the strangest post ever..

Retuks
06-27-2009, 11:40 PM
Sounds like she knows her ****, but if u read his post he says he usually leaves them alone this one just popped when he brushed against it, it think I learned more about zits in the last 10 minutes then I have my whole life.. Weird post but very informative.. I'm new so I'm sure this ins'y the strangest post ever..

i can make some strange nasty posts ^_^. i just haven't because mfk seems to be an environment on the mature spectrum.

but this is a real life problem... really though, Addikted is right. i already have a few good scars from the past so i never pop zits anymore.

how do you explain the black pores in my nose where the hair grows out?? how do i get rid of that?? (your exposing my beauty ms. face :()

bigspizz
06-28-2009, 12:52 AM
I pop all of my zits...I have no problem. Whiteheads are the worst. I hate when I have one and then notice it when I get home. Of course I pop it right away when I see it. Again, nothing bad has ever happened, only the great relief of getting rid of the pain forsaken zit.

seaofdreams
06-28-2009, 1:03 AM
i can make some strange nasty posts ^_^. i just haven't because mfk seems to be an environment on the mature spectrum.

but this is a real life problem... really though, Addikted is right. i already have a few good scars from the past so i never pop zits anymore.

how do you explain the black pores in my nose where the hair grows out?? how do i get rid of that?? (your exposing my beauty ms. face :()

Blackheads are the build up of dirt and such on the hair follicle or "pore" It sounds like you might have low grade acne if you get lots of pimples and blackheads. If you're really worried about it, you'll need special products that are tailored to your skin but you'll have to go to a skin care therapist or dermatologist to get a skin analysis and a product prescription.

Retuks
06-28-2009, 1:30 AM
Blackheads are the build up of dirt and such on the hair follicle or "pore" It sounds like you might have low grade acne if you get lots of pimples and blackheads. If you're really worried about it, you'll need special products that are tailored to your skin but you'll have to go to a skin care therapist or dermatologist to get a skin analysis and a product prescription.

actually, i dont have any pimples now, just this one that popped and of course its stopped now. aside from the black stuff in each hole of my nose its really small but i always wondered what that was. looks like a 5:00 shadow on my nose....

i used to use proactive when i did have an acne problem and it worked fine. no offense but dermys are way too expensive !!

seaofdreams
06-28-2009, 1:36 AM
actually, i dont have any pimples now, just this one that popped and of course its stopped now. aside from the black stuff in each hole of my nose its really small but i always wondered what that was. looks like a 5:00 shadow on my nose....

i used to use proactive when i did have an acne problem and it worked fine. no offense but dermys are way too expensive !!

It still makes me shudder that anyone can order and use proactive. It's pretty strong stuff and shouldn't be used by anyone who doesn't have severe acne. If you go to a reputable beauty salon or skin care clinic, they can usually point out a good cleanser to start off with. They can be pricey, I know but well worth the money. I suffered with pretty bad skin for most of my life and then I became a therapist and started using really good quality products and my skin is near on perfect.

Retuks
06-28-2009, 4:08 AM
doesn't it also have alot to do with diet? like eating too much cheese etc?

perspiration and regular washing?

seaofdreams
06-28-2009, 4:28 AM
It doesn't have as much to do with diet as lots of people believe. It's pretty simple, blackheads are a build up of grime and nasties in the follicle, pimples/whiteheads are blackheads that have closed over and developed an infection. If you use a good cleanser (one that is suited to your skin, no soap, non-comodogenic, properly cleanses your skin without stripping it of moisture) twice a day and exfoliate once a week with an exfoliant that follows the same guidlines as above, your skin will clear up.

Retuks
06-28-2009, 4:57 AM
It doesn't have as much to do with diet as lots of people believe. It's pretty simple, blackheads are a build up of grime and nasties in the follicle, pimples/whiteheads are blackheads that have closed over and developed an infection. If you use a good cleanser (one that is suited to your skin, no soap, non-comodogenic, properly cleanses your skin without stripping it of moisture) twice a day and exfoliate once a week with an exfoliant that follows the same guidlines as above, your skin will clear up.

i don't know what comodogenic, or exfoliate means.

i thought it had lots to do with your bodily oils and eating too many oily foods that excrete through your pours and greasy faces = pimples because thats how things get trapped and infected in the first place. right?

some people never use cleansers and have perfect skin. god never intended us to all buy cleansers right? imo its an accessory at best. unless some1 has Acne and really needs one as you said.

actually, my brother has plenty of acne and he uses proactive and he said it doesn't even work. heres how he described it to our mom "its like a curse like shaving when u use proactive because i had a little bit of zits before and i used it and it went away but if i stop then i get a BILLION zits the next day like they FORCED me to buy more and more and never stop using it!!" LOL that was our daily gripe in the car going to school:ROFL:. he still has acne and hes 20

Cammo X
06-28-2009, 5:03 AM
I just rip mine off, dont have any scares so far. I got a pimple on my nose atm but it hurts heaps so i cant rip it off lol.

And dont you hate the ones that are IN your nose? anyone get those they F'ing hurt!

Cam

Retuks
06-28-2009, 5:10 AM
i know what you mean. like those deep under pimples that are like 1cm below ur skin and you cant do none about it. lol.

seaofdreams
06-28-2009, 5:41 AM
i don't know what comodogenic, or exfoliate means.

i thought it had lots to do with your bodily oils and eating too many oily foods that excrete through your pours and greasy faces = pimples because thats how things get trapped and infected in the first place. right?

some people never use cleansers and have perfect skin. god never intended us to all buy cleansers right? imo its an accessory at best. unless some1 has Acne and really needs one as you said.

actually, my brother has plenty of acne and he uses proactive and he said it doesn't even work. heres how he described it to our mom "its like a curse like shaving when u use proactive because i had a little bit of zits before and i used it and it went away but if i stop then i get a BILLION zits the next day like they FORCED me to buy more and more and never stop using it!!" LOL that was our daily gripe in the car going to school:ROFL:. he still has acne and hes 20

The amount of oil your skin excretes is determined by genetic factors. The oil that is on your skin is made by glands inside your follicles to protect your skin, it has nothing to do with the oil you consume from foods. Yes some people never use cleansers and have nice skin but you're not one of these people and you asked me for advice so I am telling you everything I can.

I spent two years studying every aspect of the skin, right down to the molecular level, I am telling you everything I know that can help you out If you don't wish to take my advice, that's okay, sometimes skin problems clear up with age, until you reach 35 and you get a whole bunch of new problems, haha.

Retuks
06-28-2009, 6:11 AM
The amount of oil your skin excretes is determined by genetic factors. The oil that is on your skin is made by glands inside your follicles to protect your skin, it has nothing to do with the oil you consume from foods. Yes some people never use cleansers and have nice skin but you're not one of these people and you asked me for advice so I am telling you everything I can.

I spent two years studying every aspect of the skin, right down to the molecular level, I am telling you everything I know that can help you out If you don't wish to take my advice, that's okay, sometimes skin problems clear up with age, until you reach 35 and you get a whole bunch of new problems, haha.

wait wait hold up. we aren't talking about me! lol my BROTHER has the acne, not me. i just have that dirt under my nose and a SINGLE zit that popped yesterday and is completely gone now... theres no need to feel challenged. i'm here to be a friend and learning some very interesting things. :)

chefjamesscott
06-28-2009, 6:14 AM
if you want it to stop take a lemon and squeeze fresh lemon juice and dab it on the spot or put some cologne on the spot it should cauterize shut

Retuks
06-28-2009, 6:16 AM
wow... 12:15am... i didn't even notice the time :(.

work at 4:00am... oh boy!

Retuks
06-28-2009, 6:17 AM
if you want it to stop take a lemon and squeeze fresh lemon juice and dab it on the spot or put some cologne on the spot it should cauterize shut

"if you do so much as to make Resputia cry, even one tear, im comin at you with razor blades and lemon juice!" - Latermore from Norbit.

;)

chefjamesscott
06-28-2009, 6:37 AM
i remember when I was in the philippines i fell asleep and my one arm acidentally went out from underneath the mosq netting little buggers there dont make the whining wing noise our helicopters do here. when I woke up the next morning my arm was covered with these little red dots. 2 days later they were not dots but the most massive amount of welts i had a killer reaction to them.

On the flight back to canada on cathay pacific, I had the stewardess bring me some good brandy and as I lanced the infected boils i made sure to have a brandy bath on the boils stung like all get up and I must certainly have smelt very interesting but the brandy kept any blood to a minimum

Retuks
06-28-2009, 6:51 AM
i hope you went to the bathroom to apply that brandy. lol if you just splashed it on your arm the stewardess musta thought you were a loony. haha

doesn't consuming alcohol slow bloodflow too? it does alot of life saving things when your drunk apparently. even in vehicle accidents, the drunk always seems to live... and it also keeps you from freezing quickly in cold scenarios.

but on holidays if EVERYBODY got drunk and drove home, then everybody would crash and nobody would die! (according to my twisted theory)

nativelover
06-28-2009, 9:00 AM
imagine cutting your index finger to the joint with a seraded blade... or using a Machete to climb a jungle hill and slipping down the handle severing all the tendons in your fingers... or getting hit in the forehead with shrapnel while wearing a gas mask... or having a piece of rebar go through your bicep after falling off a demo'd bridge... now those dont stop bleeding.

all things that have happened to me or ive seen personally.

sounds like your low on iron, and your blood just wont clot that quick.

nativelover
06-28-2009, 9:03 AM
funny thing is... i dont break out anymore... i think it has something to do with shaving cream... and hand sanitizer... try shaving everyday and use hand sanitizer alot, could be on to something here. no pro active needed... or exfoliating the skin. lol

FireMedic
06-28-2009, 11:43 AM
For everyones info, if you cut yourself and need to stop the bleeding, use tobacco if you have some nearby. It is going to sting like hell but the bleeding will stop almost immediately. It causes vasoconstriction at the immediate site, thus stops bleeding. - FM

Addikted2Cichlids
06-28-2009, 11:46 AM
i hope you went to the bathroom to apply that brandy. lol if you just splashed it on your arm the stewardess musta thought you were a loony. haha

doesn't consuming alcohol slow bloodflow too? it does alot of life saving things when your drunk apparently. even in vehicle accidents, the drunk always seems to live... and it also keeps you from freezing quickly in cold scenarios.

but on holidays if EVERYBODY got drunk and drove home, then everybody would crash and nobody would die! (according to my twisted theory)

Haha it does seem that way but when you consume alcohol it actually increases your blood flow because it thins out your blood, the reason why people who get in car accidents when drunk and survive as opposed to people who are not is because the drunk peoples bodies are more relaxed and dont tense up on impact, they just go with the flow and bounce around lol.. As far as drinking to get warm in a freezing situation its one of the worse things you can do, you feel like its making you warm but alcohol actually makes you lose body heat faster.. But if ur ever gonna get in a bad car wreck might as well be drunk.. haha.

Addikted2Cichlids
06-28-2009, 11:48 AM
imagine cutting your index finger to the joint with a seraded blade... or using a Machete to climb a jungle hill and slipping down the handle severing all the tendons in your fingers... or getting hit in the forehead with shrapnel while wearing a gas mask... or having a piece of rebar go through your bicep after falling off a demo'd bridge... now those dont stop bleeding.

Just pour some quick clot on there that will do the trick... There face will be like :eek:..

Death Pony
06-28-2009, 2:12 PM
I cut my tongue while shaving yesterday (with an electric razor, I know, it's weird). That didn't stop bleeding for a solid hour or so.

rmorse
06-28-2009, 3:33 PM
I cut my tongue while shaving yesterday (with an electric razor, I know, it's weird). That didn't stop bleeding for a solid hour or so.

You shave your tongue? :naughty:

packer43064
06-28-2009, 7:35 PM
You shave your tongue? :naughty:

^^^ Same question just with a diff face.:screwy::screwy:

swede
06-28-2009, 7:37 PM
like this?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/z9YCkCn9byw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/z9YCkCn9byw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Retuks
06-28-2009, 9:10 PM

I cut my index finger to the bone with a seraded blade - Opening a pill box tryna saw off the plastic. LOL (15 years old)

When i was 17 my friend and i was trail blazing and being a dumb ninja he tried to slice a mosquito that was flying his leg, he swung and missed and he hit me square on the knee. the wound was to the bone there also... had no school for the rest of the year.

the rest of that stuff seems to be middle eastern stories of duty. main reason i never joined the reserves... my cousin is going back out to iraq cause he wants to :screwy:. he says he enjoys volunteering to go back... and hes got very similar stories like how his Humvee got blown up over night.

ive been shot in the butt, fell and chipped my tooth, and ran home when i was living in cali. that seemed like it stopped bleeding alot quicker than my zit. LOL. i got put up pics on my myspace of the scar but tom deleted it and said it was "abuse/porn violation" or whatever... even my machete wound..

Retuks
06-28-2009, 9:14 PM
like this?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/z9YCkCn9byw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/z9YCkCn9byw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

EWWWWW DUDE!!! NOO NOT LIKE THAT!

And i didn't try to pop it. i pretty much touched it and it popped. and the pussy wasn't nice and dry like that video it was very wet and liquid. yet... no blood. kinda hard to explain it was just yellowish liquid that kept on running and coming out of it. i had like 4 tissues on my face that whole night.

cichlaguapote
06-28-2009, 9:24 PM
I think we've covered all bases..