What do you feed your Arapaimas with?

fishyboi

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
HERE
mine wont eat anything, since he was attacked by my gar. trying to get him on feeders then beefheart too

Vince

Most Wanted
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2005
Illegal
www.wofc.org
I have one that is getting fat with feeders. I will wait a little longer before I take it out of feeders. Feeders, being roseys aka fatheads. Sometimes he can gulp down a medium goldfish. I want to make sure before I wean it out of live food that it could live for weeks without eating. As for the pima that is not eating, try raising the temp of yuour tank to 82 to 86, change water, and it should be OK in two to three days.

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
hang in there fishyboi,,, follow vinces suggestion and try to relax it as much as you can..
it will eat soon. They dont hit monstrous sizes by eating like birds. :)

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
Small children and those tiny little yapper dogs.

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
oddball, when did you start feeding pellets?
He started eating pellets immediately by following the leichardti (RIP) that was trained onto pellets (sticks) the year before.

The leichardti's training went...live minnows always fed at the same tank corner. Once the aro was conditioned to rush to the corner when he saw me, I started dropping crickets at that corner after a minnow. A week of steady crickets went by then, I started dropping sticks with the crickets. The ratio of crickets to sticks changed at each feeding, with more sticks and less crickets, until he was snapping at every stick hitting the water. I simply lucked out that the pima wanted whatever the aro was snapping at.

fishyboi

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
HERE
I have one that is getting fat with feeders. I will wait a little longer before I take it out of feeders. Feeders, being roseys aka fatheads. Sometimes he can gulp down a medium goldfish. I want to make sure before I wean it out of live food that it could live for weeks without eating. As for the pima that is not eating, try raising the temp of yuour tank to 82 to 86, change water, and it should be OK in two to three days.
Thanks, hes in with my dat rite now in a 125 gal, gonna raise the temp and do water changes

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
Both of mine were taken off live food almost as soon as I got them. They currently will take almost any thawed fish I offer.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store