New Silver

zix

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2005
Portugal
my silver is 12cm and is eating like mad . she eats bloodworms,cichlids pellets, krill and even the small dry food for other fish that are in the tank. a platy ,5 corys,2 kullis. 3 small plecos. this the tank i use to put some gambusias for other fish,give her some feders wor no. all my big fish do eat some feders as a treat but this never had feders so keap this way ????

meiling

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2005
In your Computer
wow, usually everyone has problems with aro's being picky, you're lucky. You don't want to give them fatty feeders if you choose to use feeders.

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
Just get some frozen raw market shrimp. Thaw de-spine and feed. Mine love it.

zix

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2005
Portugal
is to small to get prawns, my other trouble is that the bloodworms sink to fast and he dont go to the bottom of tank. so no feeders

rumblesushi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2005
ENGLAND
zix, if I were you I would use feeders too, in addition to pellets and everything else.

The reason people in america recommend AGAINST using feeders is because in america they are sold AS feeder, kept in horrible conditions, and often have diseases/parasites etc.

Also goldfish are fatty etc

But in Europe we don't have to worry about that, we have to pay fuill price for a fish or breed our own. There are no "feeders" are there.

So either buy healthy platys etc, or breed your own.

I think a part of a predatory fishes diet should be live fish, a whole live fish contains nutrients etc not found in anything else. And they get to use their hunting instinct, keeps them on their toes :D

HiGhTiMeZ

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2006
Montreal, Canada
www.friendster.com
zix, if I were you I would use feeders too, in addition to pellets and everything else.

The reason people in america recommend AGAINST using feeders is because in america they are sold AS feeder, kept in horrible conditions, and often have diseases/parasites etc.

Also goldfish are fatty etc

But in Europe we don't have to worry about that, we have to pay fuill price for a fish or breed our own. There are no "feeders" are there.

So either buy healthy platys etc, or breed your own.

I think a part of a predatory fishes diet should be live fish, a whole live fish contains nutrients etc not found in anything else. And they get to use their hunting instinct, keeps them on their toes :D
:iagree:

rumblesushi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2005
ENGLAND
that's because you guys have too many bloody PETA hippie crackheads.

lol
I agree. It's so ****ing hypocritical too, millions of fish are farmed and killed everyday for human consumption yet we're not allowed to feed a goldfish to an arowana? Come on. Ridiculous.

It's hypocritical too, it's perfectly legal to feed river shrimp to your fish, but not other fish. A river shrimp is still an organism.

kriztu

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 11, 2005
Dubai UAE
wow, usually everyone has problems with aro's being picky, you're lucky. You don't want to give them fatty feeders if you choose to use feeders.

yeah bro, congratulations on that. and i hope your fish grows to be a titanic silver!

gollum

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2006
Australia
I'd keep feeding him prepared food as it's always easier to do than live feeders
also just cut up the shrimp into the right size for him.
you are lucky he eats anything

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store