How tall are they?

that drumin guy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2005
kenner, louisiana
About how tall (top of fish to bottom) does a silver get when at the 2 ft+ range? How long will it take a silver about 5 inches to reach 2 ft? I know their growth rate is around an inch per month but I'm not sure if this will last all the way to 2 ft or 1 ft or whatever. Thanks

xrtg

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2005
Singapore
About how tall (top of fish to bottom) does a silver get when at the 2 ft+ range? How long will it take a silver about 5 inches to reach 2 ft? I know their growth rate is around an inch per month but I'm not sure if this will last all the way to 2 ft or 1 ft or whatever. Thanks

my guess is about at least 3 inches to 4 inches tall when they're 2 feet long

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
I'd say about 3-4 also. Also depends on what sex they are. My males are much deeper than my females. one of my females is 14" and about 2", while one of my males that is also 14" is nearly 3" tall.

HiGhTiMeZ

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2006
Montreal, Canada
www.friendster.com
2ft yeah il say 3-4inches too.
abt how long? it really depends on how u pump ur guy, and appetite of the aro.
some will grow fast some will grow slow.
bu talking abt silver tho theyll reach 1ft(12inches) in no time i got mine when it was a baby ard 2-3inch then after 4 months its 13-14inch so u see thats too much already for 1inch per month growth, but i know there will come a time when theyll slow down on growing, some say when they reach 2ft mark they will slow down on growth, but some say it only happens coz of the size of the tank.
so to end this, i think growth will vary on diet, size of the tank and water condition.
just my 2 cents ;)

oscar300

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2006
UK
I have seen many cases now of baby arrows getting to 1ft in a very short period of time, whatch out!

dtgshark

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 30, 2005
here
I've got a pair of 30" silver aros and they are both about 7" tall, got them to that size in less than two years.

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
I've got a silver that is 24" long and is easily 4" tall.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store