My Puffer is a P*SSY!

JardiniBoy

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2005
Taipei
www.reddragons.sc
I've got a new figure 8 puffer (around 2"). I put him in his tank on Monday with a bag of cleaner shrimps - the shrimps are his food! He started chomping on a dead shrimp right out of the bag, so when I saw his bulging belly I thought everything would be fine.

I didn't see him eat all yesterday (Tuesday) and today. He seems to be interested in the shrimps, but can't catch them, so I caught one and held it still for him with chopsticks. He promptly ripped it to pieces and ate it down.

I just did a second one like that, and he couldn't even eat it when the head was facing him cos it kept nipping him with it's pincers. So I turned it around and he destroyed it from behind :WHOA:

P*ssy!

JardiniBoy

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2005
Taipei
www.reddragons.sc
:ROFL:

He just did it again! This time he ate the whole tail without dislodging it from the chopsticks. Then he tried to swim around to get the head, but he was too chicken (the shrimp was still waving his pincers at him and trying to nip him with no tail!).

Eventually I let it go, and to his credit, he did go after it and finish it off. :D

loach43

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
Indiana
:ROFL: Poor shrimps takin' it tough & having their arses ripped off

big E

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2005
the French Part of Compton
I've never heard of a puffer scared of those little shrimp before? It sure is fun watching my GSP hunt them down, those shrimp can get out of the way freakin fast! He is still little don't be so hard on him ! Are you fast enough to catch a shrimp with the chopsticks? That would be some impressive reflexes! :thumbsup:

JardiniBoy

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2005
Taipei
www.reddragons.sc
He is still little don't be so hard on him ! Are you fast enough to catch a shrimp with the chopsticks? That would be some impressive reflexes! :thumbsup:
He's not that little ... around 2". I don't catch the shrimps with chopsticks, I net them and then grip them with the chopsticks from the net :D

F

FishHeadSoup

cute!

a vid would be classic!

leave him be and let that chicken starve (with shrimp in the tank) and im sure he will eat them on his own!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store