Petland....Pleco Heaven?

BDawg364

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2006
Milledgeville/Alpharetta
So I was home visiting my family today, and I decided to check out the nearby pet stores. I couldn't find any lfs, but I found a few Petlands (and 2 Petsmarts and a Petco, but why waste a good day). I went to the first Petland, and they had amazing plecos. They had in 10 green phantom plecos (9 at $40 3", 1 at $100 6"), a blue phantom pleco for $60 at 5", a vampire pleco, a royal, 2 adonis plecos, a yellow seam, a gold nugget, a blue finned pleco, clown plecos, a rhino pleco $20 4", and I know it had more, I just can't remember the rest because I was so amazed. The other had lemon plecos, hi-fin bristlenose ones, a huge royal, gold nuggets, clowns, butterflys, vampires, and many others. Is Petland the place to be for plecos?

softturtle

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2005
N.W. Indiana
Thats how the one by me is(chicago). Pretty cool.

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
Near me we don't have any of these petlands... Sounds like a pretty good deal. Very few places can get L200s that size, usually they are grown in store, or they have a very good supplier. Says good things about the store. If you go back take your camera, I'd love to see some that large. I'll be taking my camera tomorrow, as well as Fabio's dad, and we are going pleco hunting in spokane.

M|L

the asian
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2005
MY LITTLE WORLD
www.facebook.com
Petland is a chain petstore in the tri-state area.

Most of them are terrible.

All Petland stores receive their fish from the same warehouse. It just depends on the manager to order the right fish.

;)

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
well that would explain why I haven't seen one of those out here. In my town we don't even have a petco. The nearest one is 30 miles away, and the nearest petsmart well who cares I don't shop at either.

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
hmm im in UK, so dont have this store, and ive heard they can be pretty bad for fish quality sometimes?? but yea, check to see general health, and if they have any signs of a sunken belly (stay away) and if they seem fine, by them all, 'cause sounds pretty awesome!!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store