Feeding the dang burn plecos

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
Which plecos? Are they carnivorous, omnivorous, herbivorous, or do they eat rocks?

TankBuster

" I feel violated "
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
Glendora, Ca
Well they are black with light grey markings, not too many. They have eaten market shrimp and also algea wafers, they dont rasp the wood though, so, I guess you could call them just a common pleco but I dont know exactly what kind they are. I dont have any pics yet because I cant get my camera blurry enough. hahaha. No but seriously, I am not sure exactly what kind they are. Oh and they love zucchini. I swear to God that better be the way you spell it or Im gonna freak. I dont have the patience for this vegatable crap spelling thing tonight.

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
you aint guna reduce it. at all. unless you just stop feeding them. a crapping pleco is at least a well pleco. take a picture so we no wat kind it is, but sounds like a common, so they are onivorous but main diet is based around veg. esp when younger. i feed my plecos every day, on zucchinni, cucumber, potatoe, shrimp, bloodworms, brocolli, whatever. just dont leave it uneaten in the tank, cause it will foul up the water.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store