puffer puffage

fatsolomon

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2005
new hampshire
my porcupine puffer puffed up twice this week. i figure its normal but i really have no clue. do they do that often or is my puffer just defective?

ferco

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2006
Scotland
my porcupine puffer puffed up twice this week. i figure its normal but i really have no clue. do they do that often or is my puffer just defective?
A defective puffer... :ROFL: that had to get gag of the week, perhaps i hav a wierd sense of humour, i am not taking the mickm really, its just i read that and burst out lafing....lol
also- do they not usuall ouff up for issues like stress... firghts, or if the water things r not right...? mabye not. im not expert! lol, quite the opposite...

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
Porky puffs are known to do this whenever they feel like it. In the wild, they'll puff up as a defense mechanism and to warn other puffs of their claim on an area or on breeding partners. In captivity, they learn to puff to get attention from their owners since this attention usually results in an extra feeding. They're also known to spit water at their owners to get their owner's attention (and, of course, a treat to nibble on).

fatsolomon

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2005
new hampshire
Porky puffs are known to do this whenever they feel like it. In the wild, they'll puff up as a defense mechanism and to warn other puffs of their claim on an area or on breeding partners. In captivity, they learn to puff to get attention from their owners since this attention usually results in an extra feeding. They're also known to spit water at their owners to get their owner's attention (and, of course, a treat to nibble on).
thats what i thought, but i figured id ask someone who knew. thanks:thumbsup:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store