is it safe yet?

mike C

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2006
Alberta, Canada
Hi All,

I have a quick question for you, is it safe to put a 9 inch Alligator Gar in the same tank as a 22 inch Black Aro? Right now the gar is in a 33 gallon and the Aro is in a 120 gallon. I just bought a new 240 gallon but it wont be set up for a while. The Gar when 8 inches swollowed a 6 inch TSN...I couldn't believe it.:eek:
Thanks,
Mike

P.S . Trying to make my photos smaller to fit on this site and am having problems.

kriztu

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 11, 2005
Dubai UAE
i think it would be ok, just be close enough to do something incase they give each other that hungry look

mike C

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2006
Alberta, Canada
I think I will give it a try tomorrow. That way I can closely monitor the situation all day long. Lets hope for the best. Thanks,
Mike

JuanTamad

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, Fl
Picture please with the two in the same tank. Thank you in advance.

meiling

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2005
In your Computer
have the camera out, best of luck, but wouldn't want to miss a golden kodak moment! I'm still trying for a tankmate for my silver, he just kind of eats everyone.

Boydo

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 17, 2006
Alberta, Canada
www.shineaquatics.ca
Here's the only pics I could find of when I had the aligator gar with some aro's, a large clown knife, pike chiclids, and a few other things. Good luck with your addition you should have no trouble.

messiner

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2005
americas wang
OK bro you dont have an allagator gar (thank god) but rather a much more tankworthy spotted gar. he will get maybe 2.5ft but not the 10 an allagator gar would get. nice fish bro get that 240 goin

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store