Jardinis and Red Devils

AroW

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 30, 2005
Lightspeed
What do you guys think? Will this work out if I start off with one jardini and a bunch of red devils and raise them as juveniles?

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
Depends on the temperament of the jardini. But odds are the jardini will do damage to the red devil when it gets to a foot. If the jardini doesnt get killed by the red devils first.

F

FishHeadSoup

the jar will most likely attack and kill all that is....

AroW

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 30, 2005
Lightspeed
I have seen it done before at my lfs and the jardini was about 18" and the red devils were 6-8".

Does anybody have experience with this?

Also, what about Flowerhorns?

kriztu

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 11, 2005
Dubai UAE
Depends on the temperament of the jardini. But odds are the jardini will do damage to the red devil when it gets to a foot. If the jardini doesnt get killed by the red devils first.
i'd have to agree. but then again, when it comes to jardinis there are no tested formulas. you'll just have to try it to find out if it will work out

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
trial and error is the only answer.

every fish has a different temperment. I've got some super mean guppies :grinyes:

Opiate

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Where eva theres Cichla!!!
dude i put a female red devil roughly the same length as my jar, in my tank and it was fine for a few days then she started to get terrotorial, she ripped my driftwood to bits, continuely attacked the glass and filters and eventually she decided on the jar....after 1 week of hearing slashes in the night and wakin up to see both fish scarred up i had to get rid of the red devil....so imo i wouldnt do it :)

AroW

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 30, 2005
Lightspeed
How many red devils or flowerhorns should I get? At the lfs, they were crowded together so I guessed that reduced aggression. Also, what sizes should I get the jar and the red devil in to start them out with? Thanks

I know its risky but I might try it

Steve_89

NISMO
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
?
Trial and error.

metant

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 20, 2006
Philippines
How many red devils or flowerhorns should I get? At the lfs, they were crowded together so I guessed that reduced aggression. Also, what sizes should I get the jar and the red devil in to start them out with? Thanks

I know its risky but I might try it

I have seen crowded tanks with a jar and also with red devils. I think this will work but your major problem will be your very big bio load. A very good filtration system will be needed.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store