Pop Eye or Turn Down eye

Boydo

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 17, 2006
Alberta, Canada
www.shineaquatics.ca
I dont't know if it's turn down or pop out, None of my fish have ever had it before. He is a 24" Silver the condition has slowly got to this state after about 4-5 weeks, but has gotten worse since move from one tank to another abouut 10 days ago. I always thought it was turn down eye until his appitite started to head down hill( mind you this after moving him) now I wonder if it's Pop out eye. It 's only on one eye aswell.Here's some pictures 2 of the bad eye and one of the good, What do you guy think?

Water quality is ok: Ph - 7.5, Ammonia - 0, Nitrite - <0.1, Nitrate - <20ml/lit

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
definately looks more serious than drop eye, and drop eye usually wont come on that fast.

Steve_89

NISMO
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
?
The eyes don't usually come out that fast.

I think it could be pop eye.

kriztu

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 11, 2005
Dubai UAE
i think its protruding eye, clearly not just drop-eye. something more serious

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
my aro has always had that. looks exactly like the pic.

i dont think its serious.

otherwise something would have happened to her years ago
yours doesnt have the blister looking thing above the eye does she?

dacox

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2005
Illinois
It looks to me like it might be a combination of both. When one of my geo's had pop eye, I added some salt, held off on feeding for a few days, and did a big water change. The eye cleared up just fine. If yours hasn't been eating though, it might be more serious.

You said you moved? What are your water parameters in the tank right now? Are they different from your old place? Some cities have high ammonia in their tap water. I know when I have fish down at school, the city water tests off the charts for ammonia. I haven't found a test kit that tests as high as it is, so maybe your water has changed significantly since you moved. Could be something else though - just something to think about.

Boydo

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 17, 2006
Alberta, Canada
www.shineaquatics.ca
yours doesnt have the blister looking thing above the eye does she?
Yes, it does have blister looking thing that looks like it is applying pressure to the eye.
Water in both tanks are the same:
Ph - 7.5
Ammonia - 0
Nitrite - <0.1
Nitrate - 20-40 ml/ltr
I always change 25% of water weekly use recomended amount of doc welfish salt, and water temp is 84-85 f. It started looking like droop eye but now looks more serious.

dapike1979

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2005
Guelph, Ontario
Yes, it does have blister looking thing that looks like it is applying pressure to the eye.
Water in both tanks are the same:
Ph - 7.5
Ammonia - 0
Nitrite - <0.1
Nitrate - 20-40 ml/ltr
I always change 25% of water weekly use recomended amount of doc welfish salt, and water temp is 84-85 f. It started looking like droop eye but now looks more serious.
Try out 40% water change weekly and turn down the heat to 80f and it should get better!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store