Scats?

thatonegirl

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
So I saw the weirdest fish at the LFS in freshwater. :roll: I didn't know what it was but it turns out it was a scat. I have never even SEEn one before and it was so odd and cool that it made me want it. LOL

Do we have scat keepers about? And my biggest question... is going brackish even worth it?

Dominuslive

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 26, 2006
Iowa
Ducati996 said:
I find most of the Eheim posse being far from objective. Longevity is always a good thing but as it is pointed out earlier its a new product. So lets pick another Hagan product that is legendary in performance, gets excellent reviews and is very cost effective and argueably the "best bang for the buck" and thats the Aqua Clear series. I have AC 500's that have been running non-stop for 14 years or more....its all how you want to look at things or spin them....
As for misunderstanding your post, I definitely understood it. It still has that tone as that someone has to prove or justify the product to you. Be honest now - are you in the market for one? Doesnt sound like it honestly.....:thumbsup:

Well if you like fish that eat......Scat.......or poop, then by all means it is worth it to go brackish. There are many puffers you can keep with them, mollies. Keep in mind though many brackish fish become full salt as they age.

Dominuslive

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 26, 2006
Iowa
Well if you like fish that eat......Scat.......or poop, then by all means it is worth it to go brackish. There are many puffers you can keep with them, mollies. Keep in mind though many brackish fish become full salt as they age.

Dominuslive

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 26, 2006
Iowa
To each there own, personally, I like all biotopes, salt fresh brackish, working on planted discus.

Tongue33

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2006
Utah
www.davescichlids.com
The variety of fish that you can keep with Scats is actually very attractive.. I have a Morey eel.. Had a Mono Argentis wanted a Mono Sebae... Puffers had them.. Never eneded up with a scat but if you go brackish that is an option.. I never went real brackish or should i say blackish.... But i kept several fish from the same area...

I've seen them with Them flat pl*cos.. All sort of nice things.. I keep my brackish with My Osacr and the rest of my Americans.... Scats tend to loose their color when they get large like 7"s .. I have friends that have them.. And it is like allot of fish better to school them..

Hope this helps..

oldfish

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2005
Beavercreek Ohio
So I saw the weirdest fish at the LFS in freshwater. :roll: I didn't know what it was but it turns out it was a scat. I have never even SEEn one before and it was so odd and cool that it made me want it. LOL

Do we have scat keepers about? And my biggest question... is going brackish even worth it?
If you don't want to devote a tank to brackish try silver scats they adapt very well to freshwater.They grow very fast and can handle themselfs with cichlids etc.

USMCtanker

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2005
wa
ya a cool cat is the colombian shark. they are someting u can get. i have heard they are brackish but they can also live in all frsh but i dont think there as happy, that mine never did that well in all fresh

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store