Feeding a L-200

grmanrocks

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2006
Fishville
i got a l-200 about a week ago from a lfs. i tried feeding him algea pellets but he just kind of ignores them and i wake up with algea pellet junk all over the bottom of my tank like it explodes like a bomb.( do you think thats a sign of him eating it??). alos, i tried to feed him cucumber and it looked like he took 2 bites out of it thenthe when i refreshed the cucumber it was left untouched for 2 days . any ideas as to what to feed my plec??

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
dont leave cucumber in there for 2 days, it'll really mess up the water. try zucchinni, mango, frozen peas, prawn, bloodworms, lettuce, potatoe.

M|L

the asian
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2005
MY LITTLE WORLD
www.facebook.com
don't leave ANY food in a tank for longer than a few hours.

isn't it common sense that it'll rot and destory your water??

if the algae pellets are still there overnight and all over the tank, then that means your fish is not eating. DUH. Pellets soften when soaked in water, and will break apart.

be patient, your fish will eat eventually. take out the food if he doesn't eat it. put fresh food in again tomorrow. keep repeating until he does start to feed.

DarthLungFish

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2005
EARTH
M|L, Your so informative in the aqua hobby!!:clap

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
Give your L200s a few weeks to adjust to new surroundings. my new 5 are taking well.

grmanrocks

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2006
Fishville
i put some zuchini in and just like the cucumber there weere bites taken out of it
then the next day when i renewed the supply he didnt even touch it. also my veggi clip is on the side of the tank is that detering him?? any and all input it appreciated

WyldFya

MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
The food should be offered close to his territory. I find that they like cucumber the best, but don't offer it too often. once every few days is enough.

WyldFya

MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
My old common that was near 22" could take down a whole cucumber a day. He was a big eater. Cucumbers seemed to keep his killing sprees down.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store