Who has great Pleco Selection in London?

UK2004

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2006
UK
Am setting up new tank soon and am keen to go somewhere with a big selection of rare plecos, have heard about wholesale tropicals in Bethnal Green, is other side of London is it worth the journey do they have some really nice stuff in stock?

Richie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 10, 2005
London, England
Wholesales is good and has good prices, Wildwoods have more L no.s but expensive. Give Wholesales a call and they will definately have better prices for the ones they have.

Rich

UK2004

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2006
UK
Many thanks for the links, very kind of you. Are most of the rarer Plecos wild caught, I am reluctant to buy wild caught prefer captive or farm bred stuff so I am not taking from the wild. I've seen the big plecos breeidng on those mudlike farms in Florida and assumed some of the golden nuggets etc are now captive bred.

I went to Wildwoods have to say I wasn't that keen on the state of many tanks, is Wholesale Tropicls a cgood well looked after operation? My local is a Maidenhead branch who to be fair keep everything spotless and filtration always on but selection can sometimes be lacking.

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
a lot of plecos are wild caught, and i know that the guy i gave you info for was wildcaught. Dan might do you a deal he sometimes has some nice plecs in

UK2004

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2006
UK
Have any of you got the red tipped fin plecos, think they are scarlet, how much are they normally for 4 inch ones or around that size?

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
well they are the same species of pleco (L25 and L24) but i dont see them for sale here. i remember they had a 12" L25 and were asking £120 for it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store