Scale Problems

Idealconcepts

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2006
Moved
I have a Black Aro, that is a little over 2 years old, that I have had since it was about 2.5 inches long. While feeding him this morning I noticed he had several scales, only on one side, that had small little white lumps under them. The scales around these white lumps were slightly a different color that the rest of his scales. The lumps don’t look like Ich because it appears they are under the scales. I noticed the different scale color about 2-3 weeks ago but they didn't have the white lumps under them. I didn’t get a chance to check the water parameters before leaving for work this morning but, I do weekly water changes of 50-60% and vac the sand once or twice a month. He is in a 300gal tank with a couple large Cichlids, a few small cichlids, silver dollars, and pictus cats. The tank has a sump for filtration, with two 1170gph pumps and an under gravel jet system. He is feed market shrimp once a day, no feeders, and recently over the last month or so he has become more aggressive when eating. Last night while feeding the cichlids he was in the mix going after the pellets over and over again, he rarely does this and not for the duration he did last night. The tank originally was running for a year and a half, until we moved in January of this year and has been running for about 5 months now. I’ll check water parameters later and see if I can get a picture of the lumps after work. Anyone with info or suggestions on what this might be or my options on treating this is greatly appreciated. :confused:

Steve_89

NISMO
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
?
Can you get pix??

Idealconcepts

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2006
Moved
Sorry to get back to you guys so late. I was able to take water paraments, Amonia 0, Nitrite 0, and Nitrate 25, ph is around 7.8 and water is soft since we have a watersoftner. I will try to take pics tonight, had a busy weekend and completely forgot about taking the pictures.

Idealconcepts

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2006
Moved
I took over 2 dozen picutures and this is the clearest pic I could take with the most detail regarding what I am trying to describe. Which is still very difficult to see anything. Looking closer at it it looks like a white power at the base of the top fin, can this be some type of fungus? If it is why are some options for treatment? He was still eating aggressively as normal this morning.

v2 P1010507.JPG

DeLgAdO

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2005
Chula Vista, CA (San Diego)
www.myspace.com
I took over 2 dozen picutures and this is the clearest pic I could take with the most detail regarding what I am trying to describe. Which is still very difficult to see anything. Looking closer at it it looks like a white power at the base of the top fin, can this be some type of fungus? If it is why are some options for treatment? He was still eating aggressively as normal this morning.
looks ok to me.

HiGhTiMeZ

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2006
Montreal, Canada
www.friendster.com
i dont see anything bad in it though...
or maybe im not looking wer im supposed to look? i donno. it looks fine, fins and scale-wise.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store