bite damage

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
I dont want to find out first hand, I bet it could hurt fairly bad.

xxblwn408

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2005
iN A sMALL pADDeD RoOm
I bet if they really wanted to they could do some real damage.
When I hand feed mine shrimp, he sometimes grabs my finger by mistake (I think).
Shakes his head a few times and lets go. He draws blood everytime, and the sratches hurt for a few days.

But I keep going back for more.:screwy:

softturtle

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2005
N.W. Indiana
I got had by about a two footer. Wasn't that bad, except for a few scratches but it scared the shiz out of me.

Steve_89

NISMO
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
?
I don't think they can bite too hard.

But they would do more damage once they get hold of a finger or somthing and start thrashing.

meiling

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2005
In your Computer
Mine catches his pellets like a dog now, after months of trying to teach him, but he tagged me once and luckily my fingernail took the brunt. Didn't hurt , more scared me but after watching him strike when he's feeling sassy, I would be curious if you were going to dangle some fingers and tell us how bad it can hurt?:headbang2

fisher12889

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 21, 2006
Colorado
Once when I was dangling my hand over the tank my 20" aro jumped and grabed on and came out with my hand! So then I had to go about getting a STRONG 20" fish off of the ground and back into the tank! It hardly left a mark on my hand though, just really scared me! lol

truman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 6, 2005
I think this depends on how much grip the aro has, like how many teeth he actually used to sink in, cos often enough and aro will drop perfectly soft foods when they hit the water agian.
I think the real crunch is in the bony tongue?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store