Broken whisker on silver

Timpon

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2006
Sydney
I came home from work yesterday to find that one of the whisker on my 10" silver has been broken near the base, and is only hanging on by the skin. It looks like it could fall off at any moment.

Do silvers grow new whiskers if one has been broken? Anything I can do to help it? I was thinking of adding melafix.

Timpon

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2006
Sydney
Thanks Del..do they take long to regrow?

So relieved to hear they will regrow, aro whiskers are one of their attractions to me

Steve_89

NISMO
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
?
It will grow back but from what I remeber quite slowly.

dodgefreak8

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2005
colorado
the brabells will heal fast but the 2 streamers off of their bottom fins take FOREVER to regrow.. but they will regrow.

xrtg

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2005
Singapore
depending on where its broken it might or might not grow back. from what i've heard if broken at the base, it should grow back. but if its broken away from the base then its difficult for it to regrow.

i have one aro who had one of its barbel broken halfway from the base :( . lets see if it would regrow. ;)

meiling

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2005
In your Computer
mine grew back nicer, now both are longer and stronger. Actually, I don't have whiskers, but my aro does. And Melafix seemed to help. If i toss pellets at his barbels he catches like a dog. He caught 3 at once today, I was so proud. dasm' boy!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store