HELP! I THINK MY ARO ATE MY CKF!

cichlid savage

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2006
Look up
I just bought an silver aro and a clown knife about a week ago. yesterday i added a senegal bichir. Today my clown knife is gone. He's not stuck to the floor and there are no pieces of him floating in the tank, i took out his fav root and still no CKF:eek: . Did the Aro or the bichir do him in? the aro is approx 5", the bichir is approx 4.5" and the clown "was" about 7". They had been well fed on black worms and carnivore pellets even some krill. Do I have a killer aro? Should i try again? What else can i put in the tank with him?

Opiate

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Where eva theres Cichla!!!
that's wierd as!! i cant see how a 5 inch aro could eat a 7 inch Clown knife... does he look like he's eaten a huge meal??

cichlid savage

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2006
Look up
Neither or them look to stuffed but the fact remains that the clown is gone. I stirred up the substrate even though i have never heard of a CKF burying himself. He is simply MIA?!?!?!

cichlid savage

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2006
Look up
I had 2 dictionaries and a phonebook on the canopy. I have looked under the sofa stirred up the gravel, and looked behind the tank i cant find him anywhere!:WTF: is going on!

dacox

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2005
Illinois
Could he be in the root somewhere?

TankBuster

" I feel violated "
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
Glendora, Ca
Check between the cushions of the sofa. I lost a 12 inch aro last year and could not find it anywhere. We ended up giving the couch to my mother in law and when she was vaccuming out the sofa, she screamed her head off. She found a 12 inch aro in there dead for a month. YUCK

sour_girl

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2006
Toronto
Check between the cushions of the sofa. I lost a 12 inch aro last year and could not find it anywhere. We ended up giving the couch to my mother in law and when she was vaccuming out the sofa, she screamed her head off. She found a 12 inch aro in there dead for a month. YUCK
Ewwww.. gross.... that must have stank!!

KurseD

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2005
the rock...671!!!
LOL, yeah that happen to me before, cept it was a 9in birchir...thought it was a snake...an i didn't scream my head off, well, maybe alittle...heh

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store