Safe Plants for tank

meiling

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2005
In your Computer
Does anyone have knowledge...............I am SICK of replanting and dealing with live plants, so is it safe to use store bought silk plants, (???some have wires inside) if they are sanitized, would they be safe or would their deterioration like seashells affect my water or hurt my sweet darling HELLBOY aro?

Or, do I have to stick with cheap ugly plastic stuf from the pet store that's just a little more than OBVIOUSLY fake??

What about live bamboo? I'm bamboozled. So I figure:
A. this time you'll all have the perfect answer
B. I incite another 3 page debate among you, which is always eduacational and a bit entertaining. :naughty:

I am teasing on the A and B, you all are so helpful and knowledgeable I appreciate everything your write or shed light upon, THANK YOU ALL in advance.:idea:

meiling

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2005
In your Computer
]the artificials from the petstore dont look fake to me[/QUOTE]

Ohh, you must not have the same petstore!!! Thanks for the input.

kriztu

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 11, 2005
Dubai UAE
i would rather not to have plants in an aro tank unless i have a tank of 200g at least, it will just occupy swimming space. aros need lots of space to swim and they do keep on swimming and turning around

meiling

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2005
In your Computer
i would rather not to have plants in an aro tank unless i have a tank of 200g at least, it will just occupy swimming space. aros need lots of space to swim and they do keep on swimming and turning around
I got small aquarium silk ones and my aro loves to swim around, in, under, thru he wraps himself in the big one if he can, it seems to tickle him just right or something!

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
I like to have lots of real plants in my tank with my aros. They swim right through the plants. Plants don't cut down on swimming space too much at all, and give a more natural appearance. I would get some amazon swords, my aros like the amazons. Let me know if you need some, depending on where in Washington you are, I could probably bring some out to you on one of my many trips through the state.

kriztu

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 11, 2005
Dubai UAE
yeah but im just concerned when they get their thrashing around fits, messes everything up

kriztu

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 11, 2005
Dubai UAE
and whats more, when i feed my aros with live food, sometimes those pesky critters hide in the leaves or whereever and my aro transplants everything chasing the meal. so no plants work better for me

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
My 5 aros are great with the plants. Even when live food goes into the plants they just eat the feeder. My plants have been established, and many are rooted into very large pieces of wood.

Steve_89

NISMO
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
?
My aro is fine with plants.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store