adonis pleco

dr01d

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 28, 2006
Jakarta
i juz bought a 4" adonis pleco for my comm tank with aro, dats,flagtail n senegal bichir....n slowly i started taking the likes of pleco n wanted to get more plecos...but i heard that the adonis is really agressive towards other plecos n grow really large...is there any compatible plecos to grow along with it??

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
when they are young, its easier to keep other plecos with them, but when they are older, they are aggressive, and its hard to keep them with others, esp. in a smaller tank. depends if you've got another tank to transfer over. you could try a L001, or L083, they will grow reasonably large and be able to hold their own for a bit. or maybe a GN. depends how long your thinking of keeping the plecs together. post a pic of the adonis!!!

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
You can keep most plecos with adonis. They will be aggressive, but if there is a large plec in the tank there won't be any problems. In time the fighting stops, and all will be fine. They are just establishing heirarchy. Mine has a little clown a big L264 sultan and a big chocolate, he doesn't fight with any of them. Offer lots of good hiding locations, and lots of food and there won't be any problems.

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
not when they get to 2 foot :naughty:

a L025 or L024 might look good in there. or an L011 may look really nice in there.

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
not when they get to 2 foot :naughty:

a L025 or L024 might look good in there. or an L011 may look really nice in there.
If kept with the other plecs from a small size there isn't any problem. its when new smaller plecs are introduced that fighting happens.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store