One more-backgrounds

meiling

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2005
In your Computer
I was changing by background to solid for photography. My aro LOVED it when I had the back of the tank uncovered. I have since tried black, the old one and he freaks, headbangs and has been agitated. Now I thought it made them feel safer. I know he's at his max in the tank he's in and I'm in the middle of setting up the newer bigger one, but this behavior sucks. I want it, he doesn't? Should I leave him happy and ugly or not allow him to determine his lifestyle? What is best for the aro? health? training? is my fish a spoiled brat? (Serious headbanging here) Are background or solid backs the best?

fisher12889

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 21, 2006
Colorado
I would probably do whichever one the arowana feels more comfortable in. It didnt choose to be in an aquarium, so you should try your best to make him feel comfortable lol

dacox

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2005
Illinois
It might just take him a little time to get used to something different. I have kept aros in tanks with 3 black sides and they seemed fine. I'd just give it a couple days. As far as the fish are concerned, I don't think the background really makes a huge difference. Solid or natural looking backgrounds are more fore our personal tastes.

kriztu

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 11, 2005
Dubai UAE
i'd rather a black or blue background for photography, blue works well with gold aros, black for reds, silvers and greens. but mine is bare right now, LOL

meiling

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2005
In your Computer
I would probably do whichever one the arowana feels more comfortable in. It didnt choose to be in an aquarium, so you should try your best to make him feel comfortable lol
Yeah, poor guy, he's getting a 300 gallon tank though!!! He'll be so happy!

cichlid savage

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2006
Look up
I think you should use whatever background or lack there of which gives you the best response from you aro. if hes comfortable he probably will be happier/healthier. Just my .02

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
Mine like the black background, but each aro is different. From all your post it doesn't seem like yours fits to any of the stereotypes.

Where are you getting the 300?

meiling

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2005
In your Computer
Mine like the black background, but each aro is different. From all your post it doesn't seem like yours fits to any of the stereotypes.

Where are you getting the 300?
From some DA in the paper that doesn't know what they have!!! Ha ha ha ha My aro rules the world from his tank. He's recovered from the headbang until stupid, it all comes back to every time the black and white cat that swims with aros walks by the tank the aro panics! The cats knows and he and the fish play this game. Whatever. I know they're just goofin', they are all well adjusted to each other. Hey, at least the cat walks on water.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store