Kinda excited, just have to share!

Newt

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2005
Michigan's UP
OK, so I got my first pleco in 7 years!

It is so cool! It is a Snowball and about 3 inchs right now.:headbang2 Bought it of Aquabid for $15! Of course with shipping it was a little more.;)

Wish I had a camera to take a picture, it is nothing like the old standard plecos I used to keep. Right now it's munching down on a piece of driftwood and looking really good for a fish that spent two days in a box!

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
Snowballs are great plecos. Commons get some great size, and look drab, but now you have started inton the over 400 species of loricariidae.

WyldFya

MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
THERES A VIRUS! WHERE'S THE CURE! I THINK I HAVE THAT VIRUS... oh well, at least it isn't going to kill me... just bankrupt me.

Newt

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2005
Michigan's UP
I went to Wal-Mart and bought a digital camera just to take a picture of this fish and post it. The darn camera is broke, right out of the box! The LCD screen is all screwy! Grrrrr, I hate Wal-Mart. Now I have to drive another 30 miles to exchange it!

Anyways, now I'm looking at Royal Plecos and thinking hmmm, that would look sweet in my tank! But they get huge, like a foot right? So I'd need a bigger tank. Might be worth getting a 125 wide just to keep a Royal with my cichlids. Some of the pictures on here are unbelievable!

WyldFya

MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
What size tank do you have? Royals are really slow growers, so a 55 can do them for nearly life for most of the commonly seen ones. Some royals will hit 16"+ and then the L330 spotted royal (not common), usually only get to be 10".

Newt

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2005
Michigan's UP
The biggest I have is a 75.

Newt

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2005
Michigan's UP
Well, I'm getting rid of the barbs and the golden wonder; so that leaves me with a female con, a female fire mouth, the flounder (max's out at 4"), a (hopefully)female red terror, and snowball pleco.

Do you think if I added a royal it would be overstocked?

WyldFya

MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
if you do religious water changes, and have adequate biofiltration there won't be a problem. My wifes 55 has close to 250 barbs, danios, tetras and rasboras, 12 labeos, 14 plecos for the time being, 2 african butterflies, and 3 bala sharks.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store