Quick Question

Mr Pleco

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2006
West
Ok my local lfs just got L-114 leopard plecos(4") and I was wondering if it would go well with a L-191, L-27, L-200 and L-91:confused: They also got in peppermint(heard they are very fragile)bruno's, orange seams, king tiger 4"(so mad, just bought one last week at 2" for $40 and they have them for $40 at 4":swear: they have a couple other ones two can't remember

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
The plecs you currently have will go fine with brunos, orange seams and king tigers. The L114s should also be fine.

Mr Pleco

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2006
West
The plecs you currently have will go fine with brunos, orange seams and king tigers. The L114s should also be fine.
the only one I was worried about was the l-114. I have heard horror stories. Thanks Wlyd, I figured you would reply first, so I was debating on creating a thread or pm you. But anyways thanks for the info. Its off to the lfs to get some of plecos and go broke at the same time:headbang2

WyldFya

MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
Hope everything goes well.

My solution to the problem of going broke is to have store credit!

Mr Pleco

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2006
West
So are you back from the LFS with the new resident already?
]

I am so mad. The fish they had came in with the wrong L-Numbers. The store also does not know how to size a fish so the 4" fish was an 1". Pretty crappy. The Leopard that she said was a L-114 was actual a L-49, The orangeseams look horrible, the bruno were ok but nothing special, snowballs were pale black with yellow spots, gold nuggets were great looking, but I have not had much success with them in the past. :swear: :swear: :swear:
So I bought nothing and walked away with my head down in shame

WyldFya

MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
THAT SUCKS! I like the brunos still, something about the shape and coloration just makes them worth wild. That and they are cheap. In my experience orangeseams look bad even in the best pet stores, but when you get them in a big tank, even a 55, they color right up. The first one I had came from a great LFS, and was a very pale yellow seam, after a couple days in my 135 his fins were nearly red.

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
depends what you feed em, a good bit of protein sorts them out. sorry bout the dissappointment though. i found a bruno today in with a load of chocolates. i didnt bother with it though, not the biggest fan

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store