Blue Eyed Pleco

sje106

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2005
Hertford, Herts, UK
Has anyone on this forum got a Blue eyed Pleco/Panaque (Panaque Suttoni, Panaque Suttonorum, Panaque Cochliodon or whatever the latin is)??
have heard of anyone on here with one

sje106

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2005
Hertford, Herts, UK
well i wanted one for like 5 years andhave tryed i have only ever seen one in life and i work in the trade!!! it was 6 inch and £200 an it died in the shop. my dad had one about 15 years ago with his 40inch red tail and it was 10 inch and £30. i know they have become extremely rare and hard to come by, but i would really love one.
i just wanted to knwo if anyone had one or if anyone knew anyone who had one or some good pics or somthing. i don't claim to be an expert on anything but i know a bit about them, just wanted to get a thread going about them becuase they are one of my fav fish! :D

Joefish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2005
St Charles , IL
I think blue had one for sale not long ago.. http://www.exoticfinds.net

i have a few friends that have them.. there cool but have never been my thing, your right they , they used to be a dime a doz back in the day just like zebras:D

sje106

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2005
Hertford, Herts, UK
oh yeah i remmy i had two of them swapped my Vampire/Galxy Pleco for one lol then the prices went up very quickly here in the uk after i got rid of mine!! just my luck eh?

sje106

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2005
Hertford, Herts, UK
thats a wicked site dude!!! i was looking at some of those plecs liek this :drool: . i can see a blue eye but there isn't one in the for sale bit. would he send to the U.K.?

also why are they so rare?
i have heard many version's as to why but have never really known.
1. There is a war there and catchers are being shot
2. A damn has been built in there habitat
3. VARIOUS OTHER WAFFLE!!

StiffMeister

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2006
Netherlands
i have blue eyes. Must say they are very cool fish. Quite active for plecs and always in for a nice little fuzz with others. Imo one of the nice plecs. Im still trying to get a female so i might try breeding them lateron.
From what ive heard they are reare cuz they are caught at only a single spot which is under control of a drug lord and thus quite impossible to get to.

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
well i wanted one for like 5 years andhave tryed i have only ever seen one in life and i work in the trade!!! it was 6 inch and £200 an it died in the shop. my dad had one about 15 years ago with his 40inch red tail and it was 10 inch and £30. i know they have become extremely rare and hard to come by, but i would really love one.
i just wanted to knwo if anyone had one or if anyone knew anyone who had one or some good pics or somthing. i don't claim to be an expert on anything but i know a bit about them, just wanted to get a thread going about them becuase they are one of my fav fish! :D
If this blue eye had a red eye it is more likely to be a blue eye Red bruno. They are a very cool pleco, and A LOT easier to afford than the Legendary blue eyes.

andregurov

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2006
future wetlands, Louisiana
If you are looking to get a blue-eye, have a little patience and a lot of cash ... I picked mine up from a member here on MFK. Just be warned - they are very ornery with other plecs! Mine is routinely beating on his fellow royals ...

J

StiffMeister

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2006
Netherlands
mine dont seem to do that at all. i have one living in a whole plec community and no problems at all. the other is living with a bigger pleco and that goes well too.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store