Pleco Eating silicone!

Dumptruck

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2009
Water
Ok so my L091 Is eating my silicone... I caught him, Now there is a deep gash in my silicone. Its not leaking. Yet... should I try to reseal it? or what can I do? What should I do to the culprit?

Dumptruck

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2009
Water
Bump, What to do?

Dumptruck

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2009
Water
What do you think about aquarium putty over it? just in case? because I don't think its taking water, but still I'd rather be safe than sorry, taking down the tank is not going to be an option. like Marine Epoxy or something?

mgk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2010
nowhereville
Dumptruck;4097220; said:
What do you think about aquarium putty over it? just in case? because I don't think its taking water, but still I'd rather be safe than sorry, taking down the tank is not going to be an option. like Marine Epoxy or something?
you can try but I don't think it will stick to the silicone any better then the more silicone would.

where is this chewed part? near the top or the bottom, the closer to the top of the tank it is the less it matters since there is less pressure on it.

Dumptruck

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2009
Water
On the bottom.. I wish it was at the top haha, I'm worried about 150 gallons of water and some expensive arse fish on the floor.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store