Shy Undulated

FishDude121

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2006
Florida
Whats happenin everyone, esp you trigger keepers out there. Ive kept a few triggers in my time, but I just bought a really nice undulated for a 55 gallon but he is so shy! He is very timid about swimming around. He built himself a nice cave, and likes going in the monster lightning welk shell i have. He just swims back and forth to the different hiding spots! I wonder if it will just take him time to start swimming around and looking around like most triggers do or maybe I just got a shy specimen? Anyone else out there have a similar situation?

Justin_James

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2006
Canada, Nova Scotia
I've seen plenty of shy triggers. Usually takes a month or so and he will then be your buddy. :)

Or sometimes it takes a tank mate to encourage them to come out. Choose a nonshy tank mate but not too mean either. Maybe a maroon clown.

Honda12

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2006
Michigan
Should only be a matter of time before he comes out. My friend has one in a 55 and it is a mean SOB. It attacks anything you put in the tank esspecially hands which my friend found out first hand. Took a nice chunk out too.

Dominuslive

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 26, 2006
Iowa
Should only be a matter of time before he comes out. My friend has one in a 55 and it is a mean SOB. It attacks anything you put in the tank esspecially hands which my friend found out first hand. Took a nice chunk out too.

LOL

Fish_are_fishfood

Sea Robin
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2005
MA
My work, a grocery store, got a trigger fish about a month or two ago and it was very shy, you wouldn't even know it was in there. Today it is the most active and openly swimming fish even infront of the hundreds of people that watch it every day.

FishDude121

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2006
Florida
HAHA yes! I finally got a mean fish!

Y'all probably won't believe me, but the truth is I have a snowflake eel in with him and they sleep together!!! :WHOA:

Maybe I will get baby trigger-eels ... just picture how sweet that would be lol

I am going to get a wrasse of some type to put in there like you said, give him a lively tank mate

All the responses are greatly appreciated! Thanks again! :headbang2

water_baby83

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2006
UnDeR tHe SeA
www.myspace.com
Yeah, no worries, once he warms up, he will be all over the place, and probably anoying the hell out of his tank-mates too. LOL Mine is a little Bi*ch, and let me tell you - it would be so nice to hit the re-wind button to when she was shy and a push over, cuz now it's like the frickin' smack down when ever she's feeling pissy...... which is A LOT, LOL. Enjoy it while you can, hahaha.

-Emi

mybikeisred

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2006
Seaside, CA
Sounds about right. I've had many undulates. They were all the same. Shy, but dominant. They always take the best hiding place in the tank and wont let anyone near it. Often, they will even hoard food in their little holes. If you want to see alot of your undulate, don't put any shells that it will fit inside of in your tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store