ID my pleco please...

paul112

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2006
United Kingdom
Okay, I posted a while ago about a 'Gold Nugget' pleco at my lfs. Turns out, it wasn't a GN, but i have no idea what it actually is :screwy:

Anyhow, heres a few images, the little bugger's about 2", and the last image is a free image for you all of my Gibbiceps, who is about 3".
Paul:headbang2

plec.JPG

plec1.JPG

plec2.JPG

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
that gibby will grow monster. i cant really see the 1st plec very well at all is there a better pic of it? the colour and pattern just seems mushed to me lol

paul112

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2006
United Kingdom
Yeah I'm sorry about the pics, my compact digicam isn't made for closeups. I'll try and get a better image...

::EDIT:: Here's the pics:
-Top view
-Side view
-Stomach View

Heh, don't you just love the gibby though :D
Paul :headbang2

fsh 014.jpg

fsh 016.jpg

fsh.jpg

sje106

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2005
Hertford, Herts, UK
Its a Gibbiceps. it will get big, i heard and seen of 18 inches, but who knows maybe bigger!! one thin i have noticed with them is the length of there feaces, its massive lol
there very easy to keep, will readily eat man made foods and also cucumber and potato and other greens. enjoy mate!

paul112

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2006
United Kingdom
No no no...I know the third picture in my first post is a gibby, but I had promised to show it off :p
The other images are off the 'mystery' pleco. And yes, I'm loving the whole Gibby-Huge-Monster thing :D
Paul :headbang2

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store