smallest species??

keaser06

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2009
Englewood, FL
i am in the process of building my first big tank. it will be a 225 and roughly 72"x30"x24". currently i plan on having 1 tiger oscar 10" 2 green severums 8" and 5" 6 silver dollars ranging from 3.5"-6" would i be able add and keep till full grown 1 or 2 pbass in there? if so which species stays smallest since its only a 6' tank?

HULON

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 14, 2009
in the now!!
all can get over 20 inch the smallest from what i understand would be Intermedia Kelberi and Orino grow slowly but i have seen some in pics on here that look over 24 inches.They are a large preditor .With temensis and pinima gettin the largest Mono and ocell growing quikley.If you want to get some do it and enjoy it they are very fun to watch grow personality to spare i have found overal just a joy to keep!!!!It would take a couple of years for "ANY" bass you chose to outgrow that tank if you got FRY. And there are Alot of venders right now that have fry!!

keaser06

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2009
Englewood, FL
couldn't do fry because the fish would have to be big enough to not get eaten by the oscar. i have had some monos before but then the tank i was supposed to get them fell through.. now i am building this big tank and know that with the stock i will be putting in it will look empty... i have been just getting ideas of what to add to that tank... i really wanna stick with the sa fish in this tank.

HULON

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 14, 2009
in the now!!
put the fry in the 75 until they are 8 inches then move them to the larger tank!!!!not only are they cheaper when small they are fun to watch grow!!!!

keaser06

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2009
Englewood, FL
when the big tank is done my 3 Dats and 2 Clown Loaches are going in the 75... my africans are getting moved to a 55 and a few more added.. the 40 is probly getting sold

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store