MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Utah

HULON

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 14, 2009
in the now!!
they are pretty cool why do you think the price will drop further more supply ?

apriliarider15

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Utah
Yeah Cichla hobbyist are very few. These fish lay 1500-2000 eggs every month after they start producing. So in my opinion these are the next Rio Meta orinos. Everyone and their brother will have some. The harder they become to sell at a certain price the seller will lower the price and eventually the breeder will have to also.

jcardona1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2007
South of Heaven
apriliarider15;4211564;4211564 said:
Yeah Cichla hobbyist are very few. These fish lay 1500-2000 eggs every month after they start producing. So in my opinion these are the next Rio Meta orinos. Everyone and their brother will have some. The harder they become to sell at a certain price the seller will lower the price and eventually the breeder will have to also.
but the rio meta orinos were never expensive to begin with. juvies sold for $15-25 as opposed to $200-250 for these guys. also gotta keep in mind many will die in the hands of fishkeepers. and these arent exactly easy fish to breed, so...

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I think that seller was formerly known as FishroomPlus,if so he used to be a vendor here.He had good stock and I ordered from him when he was on MFK.I don't know why he is no longer a vendor here....if he is the same dealer....I did'nt see any mention of them being Bahia Kelberi.

R1_Ridah

In Loving Memory
Apr 4, 2005
WEST COAST
apriliarider15;4211564; said:
Yea, I agree. Anything successfully bred in ASIA is just a matter of time before the market's flooded. At one point Orino's were the Kelberi's, Azul, Xingu's....Orino's were the sought after...

But the price is way reasonable. back in the day expect to pay $1000+ for this specie of PBASS. $150 for the best looking Kelberi specie is awesome, of course if that's what they truly are. Time to set up a tank...

It just comes down to the point of you wanting to be the kid on the block with the new bike.. ;)

Great time for PBass fans...

I'm waiting for the day someone breeds Widebars...:headbang2

apriliarider15

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Utah
krichardson;4211692; said:
I think that seller was formerly known as FishroomPlus,if so he used to be a vendor here.He had good stock and I ordered from him when he was on MFK.I don't know why he is no longer a vendor here....if he is the same dealer....I did'nt see any mention of them being Bahia Kelberi.

Yes he doesn't mention it in his auction but they came shipped from asia as Bahia. You can probably email him to find out but I have been talking with him on another forum.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
apriliarider15;4211766; said:
Yes he doesn't mention it in his auction but they came shipped from asia as Bahia. You can probably email him to find out but I have been talking with him on another forum.
I would love to give one or two of them a try but I can't at this time.I'm about to go away on vacation and I'm worried enough as it is about who will look after my fish while I'm away.

superleggera123

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 25, 2009
Toronto
prices on kelberi are dropping like crazy!
IMO next orino..
in 1 year we can expect 50$ dollar bahias because the fact is the bahia breeding pair are well breeding well!
all we need now is intermedias "true" xingus and other rare cichla bred..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store