MFK pics used elsewhere

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
Hey. I just googled "brokopondo ocell" and got on a indonesian website (KASKUS). I don't understand indonesian text but they have alot of MFK member's pics including mine. Some english text reference the broko as the true ocell. Interesting.

SpeshulEd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
welcome to the internet. It's a wonderful world of stealing other peoples digital items.

If you don't want your pictures stolen, or at least want some credit when they show up on other websites, edit them with a program that will integrate metadata into the photos and put a copyright water mark on them. Something like Adobe Lightroom.

All of my photos have my name in the bottom corner and metadata with my info.

MFM

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2009
SD
SpeshulEd;4213099; said:
welcome to the internet. It's a wonderful world of stealing other peoples digital items.

If you don't want your pictures stolen, or at least want some credit when they show up on other websites, edit them with a program that will integrate metadata into the photos and put a copyright water mark on them. Something like Adobe Lightroom.

All of my photos have my name in the bottom corner and metadata with my info.
X2

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
Water mark or not they still shamefully take it. Check it out. There's pictures with MFK and MFK members names on it. It's okay it only a picture. I have the fish. haha

SpeshulEd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Exactly, I wouldn't worry about it. I'm usually happy when someone rips off my photo. Means I did a good job taking the photo or I have a cool fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store