Gibbiceps plec

Carl D

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Doncaster, UK.
Hi,

I have purchased one and its ****ting everywhere!! I cant believe the amount of waste its producing, all the other fish together dont produce this much waste. Is this normal, if it is i've got a fish for sale!
Thanks,

Carl.

dark stranger

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2006
wyoming
i think thats pretty much what most pleco's do. they poop more than they eat.
with my 4 inch common i've got too do water changes pretty regular too get rid of the poop that get's draped over my fake plants.
how big is your pleco?

dark stranger

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2006
wyoming
yea my pleco trials poop too:eek: oh i wis i could get that smiley that turns green then throwsup

Carl D

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Doncaster, UK.
Its only about 5 - 6 inches i would say. I haven't even fed him yet though?? Is that just the algae that hes eating. This must be taking quite a strain on my filtration too. I think i'll get rid and get something else instead. I have had plecs in the past that havn't pooped all over though. I used to have a Queen Arabesque and gold nugget plec and they didn't poo like this.

Carl.

scott67892002

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2005
under the bed
i'd say gibbys and commons are some of the worst, some of the more unusual ones arn't as bad but plecs have to have the crown for waste produsers!!

dark stranger

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2006
wyoming
yea my pleco trials poop too:eek: oh i wis i could get that smiley that turns green then throwsup
:barf: :barf: :barf:
ah ha i figured out where all you guys get those cool smilies

p.s. i'm an idiot for not noticing the word more on the smilies thing.:grinyes:

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
HAHAHAHA good thread. its worse if you have sand, you can see it even more. im almost regretting my choice for the pleco tank now lol. its a bit better cause its black but still...

anyway sh*tting is a good thing :thumbsup:

Carl D

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Doncaster, UK.
I've got sand lol. Hes not even eaten anything yet though lol. At least i know its healthy but it can't be doing anything for the filtration and makes the tank look apalling, its even worse when its strewn oall over the bogwood lol!!!.

He's definitly for sale, he's gotta go!!!

Carl.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store