scarlet L025

dark stranger

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2006
wyoming
i'm wondering about the pseudacanthicus sp. L025 scarlet pleco.
like what kind of other plecos would go good with this pleco?. or if it is predatory and needs space?. and what kind of foods?.:shark:

sen_jie

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2005
from what i understand. L025 is a carnivores guy, thus feeding him with mussels, carnivores pellets will be a good choice. other pesuda will be good as their tankmate. as they share the same choice of food.
As for me, i am waiting to lay on hands on L114 and L273 to com with my L25.

cheerio

dark stranger

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2006
wyoming

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
L25 get pretty big, about 18", and can be v. territorial when older, and a reasonably agressive pleco. you'll need to keep it with other large plecos, and plecos that wont be outcompeted for food (out bullied). a lot of space and plenty of places to hide will suit, so both have a retreat (you should about double the available hiding places for each fish). although carnivore, they are not predatory to kill other fish for food, unless it is really lacking in protein, in which case they do sometimes suck on other fishes to get their slime coat, which usually will end up in a dead fish. but if you keep it well fed on things like blackworms, bloodworms, prawn, and chopped muscleslike sen_jie said, hopefully you wont have that problem! other Pseudacanthicus sp would be fine, or maybe something like a large GN, or a common or a gibby. search for the Monster Pleco thread, should give you some ideas

dark stranger

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2006
wyoming
thanks davo:clap

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store