What Happened???

PeacockKeeper

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 23, 2008
Sacramento
So I noticed that some of my monos' eyes were cloudy and after EXTENSIVE research on here, I went out to buy aquarium salt. Upon performing a 60% water change I added the salt according to the label on the box. Thinking that it will help......a few days later, my whole tank got WIPED OUT meaning all five monos and a redtail catfish died. The only lone survivor is the common pleco...

The only abnormal thing I did this water change was add salt. I was afraid of overdosing and even read the label a few times over just to make sure I am adding the correct amount. It was a 150 gallon tank. It must of been the salt...........I did the 150 first, 125 second, and then the 40 gallon last from the same water source. The 125 and 40 were okay.

What happened?

Look like my other pbass are fighting and could see white spots on two of their eyes and I'm NOW afraid to add salt. Help?

HULON

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 14, 2009
in the now!!
PeacockKeeper;4255452; said:
So I noticed that some of my monos' eyes were cloudy and after EXTENSIVE research on here, I went out to buy aquarium salt. Upon performing a 60% water change I added the salt according to the label on the box. Thinking that it will help......a few days later, my whole tank got WIPED OUT meaning all five monos and a redtail catfish died. The only lone survivor is the common pleco...

The only abnormal thing I did this water change was add salt. I was afraid of overdosing and even read the label a few times over just to make sure I am adding the correct amount. It was a 150 gallon tank. It must of been the salt...........I did the 150 first, 125 second, and then the 40 gallon last from the same water source. The 125 and 40 were okay.

What happened?

Look like my other pbass are fighting and could see white spots on two of their eyes and I'm NOW afraid to add salt. Help?
Dont think is the salt .You should post a few pics of the fish who are sick.Without seeing it though it sounds like bad water tho that went a step wors and became aa bacterial infectionwhat are your amonia nitrite and nitrate readings and what is your temp set at.And when you did the water change was it the same temp as the water taken out!!

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Me too.Give us the rundown on your tank-size,filtration,number of fish that were in it,and water change schedule.

jlnguyen74

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
United Species of Arowana
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store