Occelaris upside down on bottom of tank, but still breathing.

Nic_Corleone

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2009
Brighton, UK
Came home today and turned my lights on and saw my PBass's tail sticking out from the bog wood. I then noticed it was upside down and assumed it was dead :(

However It was still breathing so I have moved him to a 4 foot tank on his own and have added some salt and kept the lights off. Hes still laying upside down, but still breathing.

I cant think what else to do. Ive had him since he was an inch long so would be sad to lose him.

Any advice?

HULON

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 14, 2009
in the now!!
Nic_Corleone;4258906; said:
Came home today and turned my lights on and saw my PBass's tail sticking out from the bog wood. I then noticed it was upside down and assumed it was dead :(

However It was still breathing so I have moved him to a 4 foot tank on his own and have added some salt and kept the lights off. Hes still laying upside down, but still breathing.

I cant think what else to do. Ive had him since he was an inch long so would be sad to lose him.

Any advice?
Bummer bro!!!!Does he seem paralized? or moving somewhat?He may have hit the glass got spooked in that case not uch you can do either he will recover or not.

Nic_Corleone

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2009
Brighton, UK
No movement other than breathing. Seemed really rigid when I transferred him. Broken back perhaps?

I think he may have just taken his last breath though :(

HULON

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 14, 2009
in the now!!
Nic_Corleone;4258931; said:
No movement other than breathing. Seemed really rigid when I transferred him. Broken back perhaps?

I think he may have just taken his last breath though :(
probly better off with that kind of damage sorry man:(

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store