need help from some one who has reared WC juveniles(1"+ or so)

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
hi
i got 6 cichla ocellaris, out of the 6, 3 are dead.

the problem is they don't eat anything except for 2 guys, who picks juvenile danios, which i have added as feeders(healthy feeders)

till now have tried
earthworms(african night crawlers) - no luck they don't like these
frozen artemia - no luck they don't want to eat at all.
pellets - no luck
live brine shrimp is i tried today morning, saw them taking shots at the brine shrimp, but these are so small, i am doubting they will catch enough

the tank is a 3x2x2
have sand like substrate
filtration is 900ltr/hr
no nitrates or nitrites, as other than these guys there are 6 1" or so syno decorus, a few danios(may be 3 or 4), a pair of mollies, i am hoping they would breed as soon as possible, so that there would be fry for the cichla.

the temp is 26-27 deg celcius.

any help would be great, getting these guys into india was really really difficult, way too much waiting, way too much money and this is what is happening.

GudEnuf

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 14, 2009
Back to see level
Tried live Blackworms? Try more live adult brine shrimp.

HULON

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 14, 2009
in the now!!
headbanger_jib;4263801; said:
hi
i got 6 cichla ocellaris, out of the 6, 3 are dead.

the problem is they don't eat anything except for 2 guys, who picks juvenile danios, which i have added as feeders(healthy feeders)

till now have tried
earthworms(african night crawlers) - no luck they don't like these
frozen artemia - no luck they don't want to eat at all.
pellets - no luck
live brine shrimp is i tried today morning, saw them taking shots at the brine shrimp, but these are so small, i am doubting they will catch enough

the tank is a 3x2x2
have sand like substrate
filtration is 900ltr/hr
no nitrates or nitrites, as other than these guys there are 6 1" or so syno decorus, a few danios(may be 3 or 4), a pair of mollies, i am hoping they would breed as soon as possible, so that there would be fry for the cichla.

the temp is 26-27 deg celcius.

any help would be great, getting these guys into india was really really difficult, way too much waiting, way too much money and this is what is happening.
I am raising a couple wild caught orino .Started at one inch they might not be quite comfertable yet and be afraid of the feeder offering try something smaller or the live blackworm witch mine are on.As far as dying that is kinda strange how long have you had them?No visable parisites?turn up the heat to 89 degrees faren.

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
Agreed....add some live tubifex worms so they can eat when they please.

MFM

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2009
SD
I use freeze dried blood worms and my orinos were on it from they day they arrived. They are around 2 inches now and they go crazy for them!!:nilly:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store