now i have to keep it

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
my orino that i have been thinking about selling...tonight just before feeding i saw it flaring at my 18" ck and it is only 11", i was like you basterd...then since i have hikari food sticks that i tried to feed for the first time to its tank since i have had it yesterday, though i feed them to others...i thought instead of doing the normal shrimp or fish fillets i will give my aro and gar some food sticks and then give the others what they want...well to my suprise the bass looked at the aro and gar eatting the sticks...then went up to a food stick sucked it in...then to another and another and another...it started eatting the food sticks like it had been eatting them its whole life:headbang2...it has been off live since 5-6" but only ate shrimp or fish fillets with the ocational treat of live foods as i give all my fish the live meal atleast once a month...but for it to just start eatting pellets is sweat...no starving, no bait and switch...just looked at them and ate them...now every fish i have eats pellets with no starving with the dats as an exception, but they are eatting shrimp and fish fillets...

HULON

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 14, 2009
in the now!!
nice man!!!!

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
sbuse;4275005; said:
thanx...are orinos ingeneral just easier to get of live or am i just lucky...
Mine took to pellets easily before I traded it away but it also had other bass to compete with at the time.I think that plays a part.

I<3fish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2008
CALIFORNIA
All 4 of my orinos ate pellets the day they arrived from IA as fry...

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
krichardson;4276429; said:
Mine took to pellets easily before I traded it away but it also had other bass to compete with at the time.I think that plays a part.
this one is the only bass in the tank as i sold my prick mono...i can see how it would be benifitial to have compitition to easy transitions...

I<3fish;4276584; said:
All 4 of my orinos ate pellets the day they arrived from IA as fry...
this one ate shrimp from day one...they may just be easier to get to eat other things...

I<3fish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2008
CALIFORNIA
sbuse;4277087; said:
this one is the only bass in the tank as i sold my prick mono...i can see how it would be benifitial to have compitition to easy transitions...

this one ate shrimp from day one...they may just be easier to get to eat other things...
Yeah, they're pretty easy to get to eat, however, all the cichla I have owned have taken dead/prepared foods from day one.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store