Peacock Bass & Snakeheads

cpr_mike

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2009
Columbus
I do not have an experience with the two species together but I would not recommend it from what I have seen (video wise) and read on MFK.

baldtaxguy

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2006
I also do not have experience placing these two together. But I would not. If you want the same "look" without the razor sharp teeth, add lugubris pike cichlids. I would think snakeheads use their teeth often - so why would you want to display weed-wacked cichla?

OB-G37S

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2010
In the Ocean
ben_mbu;4273236; said:
well first off thats a Giant SH, not a Pleuro. Pleuro's Grow to 18-20inches Max. Mono's Are about the same.
but still... snakeheads are vicious and eventually probably kill your monos.

jlnguyen74

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
United Species of Arowana
ben_mbu;4273082; said:
What are your experiences with Keeping them together??
I am thinking of putting 2 Pleuro's with 3 Mono's
I've seen on youtube once that a guy had a tank with 5-6 Pleuros with some Kelberi and Azul. The Pleuros look much bigger than the pbass, like 14"-15" Pleuros vs. 10"-12" pbass. He even has some clown loaches in the tank as well, so it could be done.

south coast nelly

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Haha i love how people read snakehead and thats it, deemed evil....I have a pleuro in my tank with bala's / oscars / birchir / silver dollar and before choc cichlid which i gave choccy a new tank...
Also theres another member he malvin think his name is with a pleuro in a community tank. pleuro from my time with them is great, singular has to be the way i think, they are truely a pack fish supposed to be better in groups,,but had mine a few years now and alls great..not sure on pbass aggresstion mind,but as said ive seen some pike cichlids which match snakeheads for looks,,

south coast nelly

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
OB-G37S;4273266; said:
but still... snakeheads are vicious and eventually probably kill your monos.
:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Nooo its usually the other way around mate, seriously most people get a snakehead because they beleive like you there aggressive sob's....
There not mindless killers, The ability to survive out of water and because they produce huge ammounts of offspring, scare people..lol
I have kept a fair few species now,most being wosse's,i kept my pluero when younger in with some whiteskirt tetra,a few good months until i moved them into there bigger tank, the aggresstion is usually between the actually snakeheads, in my channa ornatipinnis tank which i have about 50 juvi's, now they are starting to pair off,the aggresstion is emmense between them, i have a hoplo catfish and a redtailed blue botia in with them, the snakeheads are beating each other, the other two swim through the middle like "yeah you cant touch us"lol

If you are going to go for one of the gaints like micropeltes or argus then yeah possibally but even then we have a member here who has some argus in a community tank, i used to also have a parachanna obscura in with my pleuro..all sold due to emgrating,,,others keep channa marulioides quite well in communitys

OB-G37S

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2010
In the Ocean
south coast nelly;4274890; said:
:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Nooo its usually the other way around mate, seriously most people get a snakehead because they beleive like you there aggressive sob's....
There not mindless killers, The ability to survive out of water and because they produce huge ammounts of offspring, scare people..lol
I have kept a fair few species now,most being wosse's,i kept my pluero when younger in with some whiteskirt tetra,a few good months until i moved them into there bigger tank, the aggresstion is usually between the actually snakeheads, in my channa ornatipinnis tank which i have about 50 juvi's, now they are starting to pair off,the aggresstion is emmense between them, i have a hoplo catfish and a redtailed blue botia in with them, the snakeheads are beating each other, the other two swim through the middle like "yeah you cant touch us"lol

If you are going to go for one of the gaints like micropeltes or argus then yeah possibally but even then we have a member here who has some argus in a community tank, i used to also have a parachanna obscura in with my pleuro..all sold due to emgrating,,,others keep channa marulioides quite well in communitys

dont get me wrong bro i love snake heads i always wanted one but i wouldn't keep them with my other fish. but i would keep them in a tank by them self just to be on the safe side IMO.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store