Disaster holiday return!!

Ramesh

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2008
Earth
I just returned from my 16 day Indonesian (Bali) holiday to find one a my prized Temensis has had both eyes badly damaged and will probably not recover.
I am not sure what to do, try salt, melafix or just water changes and hope for some recovery.

mattholmes320

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2010
Nova Scotia, Canada
Pimafix and melafix have killed my fish every single time that i've used either. What kind of damage was done to the eyes?
For damaged eyes if you were going to do anything i'd just add salt.

Ramesh

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2008
Earth
The damage is bad, I just got back before sun down so I did not take any pics.
I will post tomorrow but I reall think both eyes are not going to recover.
This was a stunning fish with a very unique pattern as well!!

Ramesh

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2008
Earth
Here is the damage, not pretty at all!!
I have started to add the dissolved salt solution to the tank slowly (I used 1 tble sp per 20L) and with water changes every 2-3 days I will see how things pan out for the fish.
Anyone have any suggestions about helping this fish pull through??

P1000507.JPG

P1000504.JPG

P1000508.JPG

Ramesh

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2008
Earth
I don't know! I was away and was told they were fighting a bit but I have never seen anything like this happen.
I have seen this happen in one eye of a fish before but not both and this severe.

HULON

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 14, 2009
in the now!!
Ramesh;4277294; said:
I don't know! I was away and was told they were fighting a bit but I have never seen anything like this happen.
I have seen this happen in one eye of a fish before but not both and this severe.
Ramesh i have had pretty good luck with melefix on cloud Eye with a jardini that jumped on me his eyes were pretty bad could not even see pupil or color any more i did half dose with the salt miraculously he recovered completly only to die 6 months later when given to onother member:(Anyway ramesh i would think The Aro would be more sensitive than your tem!!Worth a try i think even if it does not work:D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store