Cichla wild

HULON

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 14, 2009
in the now!!
]V[onster Fish;4279393; said:
recently i noticed most cichla are coming from wild. but they are juvy, how that happened? they catch it from the wild and all are juvy.
Ya they say that they collect them wild and juvie..I am sure its much easier to transport at juvie or fry stage..

]V[onster Fish

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2010
land of exotic
Do you think they actually collect it from wild? sometimes i'm thinking maybe they just breed it and tell people it came from wild. Because price increase if from wild.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I think it could be case where there are pools down at the collection facilities where some so called wild caught fish are actually bred and raised to a suitable size for entry into the market.

snookn21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 5, 2008
FT. MYERS FL
www.aquabid.com
Young peacock bass school in groups of 1000s, it is so easy for collecters to gather clutchs of babies and easily have enough to supply just about the whole world...

The main problem is that peacocks are not allowed to be collected in most countries in South America. They are a food fish and a very popular attraction for tourist fisherman. Their for most countries in South America have them banned from collecting but their are a few countries who dont such as peru, guyana, colombia, and occasionally you can get them out of Brazil. But they are illegal to take from their like L-046 zebra pleco.

Wild peacock bass are not rare, they are seasonal. Now if peacock bass species from brazil start poping up like orinos and monos, then you can think something. But not when the seasonal fish pop up in their season. Hope that helps a little.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Yes it does help,very interesting..I'd love to have my own collection and supplying/shipping business.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
]V[onster Fish;4288547; said:
here in asia peacock bass like ocellaris are breed already. i think also temensis. I heard kelberi also in taiwan.
Yeah, some hobbyists are having pretty good success with kelberi in Asia.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store