Video of my Kelberi flaring at each other

Angler

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 8, 2007
Colorado
[YT]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PvQAvG_HYvw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PvQAvG_HYvw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YT]

Iv'e never seen these two flare at each other, and they were doing it for quite a while today.

Angler

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 8, 2007
Colorado
Thanks, guys.

FunWow!;4284682; said:
Nice...I like when bass flare up like that. What batch are they from? How big?
Yeah, big guy is flaring like crazy today. Just looked at the tank and now he's flaring at the Mono.

The bigger one is Rapps 3 and about 10". The other one is Rapps 4 and about 8".

HULON

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 14, 2009
in the now!!
:ROFL:HAHA!!!!The 4th batcher nipping the mono's tail get out of my way i got some flaren to do:nutkick::nutkick:

Angler

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 8, 2007
Colorado
FunWow!;4284729; said:
Nice. The 4th batcher i take it is a fast grower since hes almost caught up to the 3rd batcher.
Not necessarily a fast grower. The 3rd batcher was shipped at 2 inches I think, and the 4th batcher shipped at 7 inches. The 3rd batcher has had a pretty decent growth rate. The fish might be bigger than what I told you. I am bad at guessing size, and I usually underestimate.

HULON;4284749; said:
:ROFL:HAHA!!!!The 4th batcher nipping the mono's tail get out of my way i got some flaren to do:nutkick::nutkick:
lol....and then there's the Azul who is the wisest of them all. He completely stays out of it.

Exodon Man

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 25, 2010
Maryland, USA
Awesome vid, man! I know many cichlids like to flare up at each other, but I had no idea Pbass had those colorful extensions under their gill plates!

Also, I like how the one reddish bass kept drifting into the shot:ROFL:. It was like he wanted more screen time.

Nice fish, dude!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store