Juvenile Cichla Tankmates

Davey_8313

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2007
With Wife & Kids in Stafford
Finally found some work around here so I'm going to be ordering a few small 3" pbass and was just wondering what would be some good tankmates. Would a 3-4" gar or a 3-4" senegal work? I already have a 7" senegal, would it work w/ them or should I keep that somewhere else until they grow? Are their any bottom feeders that I could possibly put w/ them? Like synodontis or anything? Thanks.

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
The smaller bichir should be fine. Id keep an eye on the bigger one even though senegals have much smaller mouths than endis. Some sm. polys are always a good addition. Endi's and orino's is the route I like.

Davey_8313

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2007
With Wife & Kids in Stafford
Thanks, Gangster. I have my current poly in w/ my breeding pair of FHs and he hasn't touched the fry... that I have seen anyways. That could be b/c they chase him off also. I might just add a couple more small polys to the mix.

MFM

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2009
SD
I keep severums, arowanas, and geos with my growouts...they all work as long as they are similar in size.

MFM

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2009
SD
Are you ordering from Anubias Design? I ordered 4 orinos from him, and I have a plan for them...:)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store