One of my Monos is missing...

revival

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2010
In a dream
So I noticed that my baby cichlas had ich so transfered them from my 40 to my 10 gallon the other day. Last night im doing my usual role call and notice there is 1 bass missing. Its one of my monos who was one of the bigger babys that i have.Im like WTF!

I am 100% sure that all monos were accounted for after the transfer. The tank is on a ledge that seperates the living room and the kitchen. It has a hood that covers the entire top with just a little door to feed. Looked all around the tank, floors, sink etc. expecting to find a dead baby mono but still havent found it and its driving me crazy. I have no pets or anything. I have no idea on where it could possibly be.

Im already bummed that i lost a baby mono but its even worse that i cant find it!:cry:

revival

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2010
In a dream
nope.....and i made my gf check both tanks to make sure i wasnt going crazy. The 10 gallon only has 2 small fake plants so its easy to view. There is no possible way he could have escaped while the hood is on and the only time i take the hood off is to do the water change which only takes a few minutes. Its so frecken bizzare

MFM

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2009
SD
Were any of the fish able to eat him? Did you check the filter if you have an overflow filter?

revival

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2010
In a dream
MONSTER FISH MASTER;4303725; said:
Were any of the fish able to eat him? Did you check the filter if you have an overflow filter?
He was one of if not the biggest cichla in the 10 gallon....nothing else bigger in the tank. I guess ill never find out. So frecken weird :nilly:

]V[onster Fish

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2010
land of exotic
That's weird. but i think its also possible while transferring the fish. it jump out of tank before you covered it. Do you have other fish in the tank that are not cichla?

revival

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2010
In a dream
Only other fish is a pleco and a cory...tank is on a ledge so if he jumped on the front he would be on the carpet...jumped out the back he would be on the kitchen counter. Sill MIA. Ive given up.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store