Gold face? piquiti

Fishes33

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2006
Canada, Toronto
My supplier said they are from Toucantins, but they kinda have a gold shine on their face.

Since piquiti from Toucantins have darker coloration, do you think they are from Araguaia instead?

What do you all think???

;)

and

I am worried, because my Azuls haven't eaten anything yet, probably due to my Indo datnoid aggression.

Do you think they will be alright if they don't eat for a week???? Because I have to leave for Detroit on Sunday and won't be back till Wednesday.

:(

:cry:

tou1.JPG

tou2.JPG

tou3.JPG

tou4.JPG

tou5.JPG

tou6.JPG

apriliarider15

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Utah
Could be Rio Tocantins or Rio Araguaia. Color and locals variants really depend on location of collection and sometimes just the individual fish itself. I've seen a few fishing videos from the Tocantins region where they were pulling out gold, silver, and green varieties all in the same spot. If you don't have a collection point or the city that they were shipped out of it's going to hard to tell what they are. Your fish will be fine as far as feeding goes. They can go hungry for quite a while.

Fishes33

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2006
Canada, Toronto
apriliarider15;4313372; said:
Could be Rio Tocantins or Rio Araguaia. Color and locals variants really depend on location of collection and sometimes just the individual fish itself. I've seen a few fishing videos from the Tocantins region where they were pulling out gold, silver, and green varieties all in the same spot. If you don't have a collection point or the city that they were shipped out of it's going to hard to tell what they are. Your fish will be fine as far as feeding goes. They can go hungry for quite a while.
Cool! I hope they won't turn green, I have owned too many green fish, so it would sucks if they do

;)

apriliarider15

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Utah
Probably won't but the green piquitis are amazing looking. I don't have any pictures off hand but I know I've seen a few pic on here.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store