GOLDY fever... lol

Daniel Machado

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2005
Fortal Town - Brazil
New kid on the block... I coudn't resist when I found this little fella. Goldy/ sunshine pleco, Scobinancistrus aureatus L-14. Around 3 inches, and at a lower than expcted price... Couldn't let it pass. :grinno:

Here are the pics... :grinyes:

:headbang2 :headbang2 :headbang2 :headbang2 :headbang2 :headbang2 :headbang2 :headbang2 :headbang2 :headbang2

Best regards.

Daniel.

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
beautiful. i prefer the patterning when they are small, but they look awesome when they hit the large end in a different way. i prefer the orange fin highlights more than the yellow. doesnt look in bad nick either. good little fella you got there

skinless

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2005
Edmonton, CAN
nce pickup

TheRayMaster

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Thats a sweet looking pleco! How much did you get him for if you dont mind me asking? There is one about the same size at my LFS and it is $100. They have another one too that is about 8 inches and for that one they are asking $170. Davo you say they lose the orange fin color when they get larger? Or did I just understand that wrong? The big one at my LFS still has orange fins. I was interested in getting it but there is already a large royal in my tank and I dont know how they would get along.

joeytoe

Semper fidelis
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2005
Canton, Massachusetts USA
beautiful sunshine you got there. Ive only seen one around here, Big one though like 9-10" I think the LFS had it listed for like 200 or more.

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
they dont so much lose it. hang on heres a pic of a full sized one that was posted in the Monster Pleco thread... you get them that have yellow fins and some with the orange fins that daniels displaying. when they get bigger the spots get more (daniels has larger fewer spots) and the spots end up going more and more into the fins. this one shows it and heres a link that has a pic of one that is more orange and getting older (prob about 10"ish) but it looks like a german site and it looks like it might have got hacked so its just the small pic that comes up in google sorry...http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?i...?q=L14+pleco&svnum=10&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&sa=N

goldie_pleco.jpg

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
they dont so much lose it. hang on heres a pic of a full sized one that was posted in the Monster Pleco thread... you get them that have yellow fins and some with the orange fins that daniels displaying. when they get bigger the spots get more (daniels has larger fewer spots) and the spots end up going more and more into the fins. this one shows it and heres a link that has a pic of one that is more orange and getting older (prob about 10"ish) but it looks like a german site and it looks like it might have got hacked so its just the small pic that comes up in google sorry...http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?i...?q=L14+pleco&svnum=10&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&sa=N

droooool to the max ! :D

Daniel Machado

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2005
Fortal Town - Brazil
Thats a sweet looking pleco! How much did you get him for if you dont mind me asking? There is one about the same size at my LFS and it is $100. They have another one too that is about 8 inches and for that one they are asking $170. Davo you say they lose the orange fin color when they get larger? Or did I just understand that wrong? The big one at my LFS still has orange fins. I was interested in getting it but there is already a large royal in my tank and I dont know how they would get along.
No... I don't mind asking... I believe it was mislabeled... I paid R$ 15,00... Something like US$ 7.00, a bit less. :WHOA: :WHOA: :WHOA: :WHOA: :WHOA:

Nice deal, huh? :naughty:

best regards.

Daniel.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store