Help Me Choose My First Cichla!

Madding

The Ninth Holostei
MFK Member
May 11, 2009
New York
Hey all-

My new 500 8' x 4' x 25" could use about one more ]\/[onster to round off the stock list. I've never kept a peacock bass before but I've followed them around the forums for a couple of years now and think I know them inside and out.

I don't think any monster tank is complete without at least one Pbass...

So help me choose! Base your recommendation on availability online, best colors, size, or your all-around favorite! I want one at least 10" to start so it doesn't get munched on by my gar.

I've always liked Temensis, but it's tough to find big ones for sale!

Ready, set, go!

haynchinook334

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2008
\m/(O_o)\m/
I would 86 the idea for Tem's. Two Kelberi's would work great. That's my vote.

Madding

The Ninth Holostei
MFK Member
May 11, 2009
New York
Do you guys recommend at least two, then? Or are you all just such cichla-holics that the idea of just one is a sin...

PayaraMan

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2009
Where Palm Trees Grow
Madding;4326270; said:
Do you guys recommend at least two, then? Or are you all just such cichla-holics that the idea of just one is a sin...
Yeah, Seeing one in a tank just makes me feel bad inside... I recommend ATLEAST 2, But 3 is better than 2 ;)

Madding

The Ninth Holostei
MFK Member
May 11, 2009
New York
Guess I have some hunting to do, then. Keep the ideas coming and I will let you know what I find.

Kel's are a bit pricey for me right now since I've brought in some pretty rare stuff in the last couple of weeks and my wallet is on life support.

I'll look around for some good-sized Orino's.

shookONES

Casper... the not so friendly ghost
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Totowa, NJ
I'd get Azuls, Mike. Kelberi are typically aren't aggressive eaters and they're tough to keep fat in a tank full of monsters. Orinos are cool too.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store