can anyone help

bassinmike85

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
California
I live in bay area ca..i been looking to buy a tems now for sometime..anyone kno we I can get a baby one 3 to 5 inches??

hillbilly

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2005
Western North Carolina
To be honest, I'd skip the tems if I were you. Especially seeing as how you are getting a 300 gal. I had 4 tems years ago, and yeah they were cool, but they got to be real monsters that outgrew all my other fish, as well as my tank. I ended up taking them to work, (I worked for a public aquarium at that time) and putting them in the SA display tank. This was before keeping Cichla was as popular as today. I suppose you could sell them when they got too big, but honestly, you would probally lose money if you counted up the all cost of raising them to monster size, seeing how common they are today.

bassinmike85

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
California
hillbilly;4330417; said:
To be honest, I'd skip the tems if I were you. Especially seeing as how you are getting a 300 gal. I had 4 tems years ago, and yeah they were cool, but they got to be real monsters that outgrew all my other fish, as well as my tank. I ended up taking them to work, (I worked for a public aquarium at that time) and putting them in the SA display tank. This was before keeping Cichla was as popular as today. I suppose you could sell them when they got too big, but honestly, you would probally lose money if you counted up the all cost of raising them to monster size, seeing how common they are today.
thx for the advice..i'll take your word on it..i been reading alot on tems and they do grow huge quickly..i just love the colors on them..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store