just curious

bassinmike85

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
California
i'm going to start shopping for the stuff i need for my 300 to house lets say 4-5 peacock bass..i need advice from the pros..if you have a 300 gallon tank what would you buy as far as,filttration,gravel,drift wood,plants..how would you set it up?

i just want to make sure i buy all the right stuff..thx to those who help out..

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
I would rock a 75-100g sump w/ two filter socks cause id imagine it would have dual returns. And Id fill it w/ 80#'s of ceramic media and two quiet one 6000's.
As well as an air pump w/ stone in the sump and one or two in the tank. A bit overkill on filtration but I like a JDM look.

HULON

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 14, 2009
in the now!!
gangster;4333878; said:
I would rock a 75-100g sump w/ two filter socks cause id imagine it would have dual returns. And Id fill it w/ 80#'s of ceramic media and two quiet one 6000's.
As well as an air pump w/ stone in the sump and one or two in the tank. A bit overkill on filtration but I like a JDM look.
+1 on what gangster is talken bout but one alternative on the pump/pumps if you have two returns run two rio's or two smaller Quet ones . just in case of failure on one my next tank i am going to give this a try...definatly driftwood in the tank the bass when resting love it also suface fake or real surface plants for cover i prefer fake in the tank...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store