PB and JARDINI ARO???

mrdee

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2009
WI
I have three peacock bass at 12" each so far in my tank. I plan on buying one Jardini Aro around 8-10". Will they get along fine? Please help with any inputs. Good or bad??? My tank is a 330 Gallon with only three fish.

Bennlfer

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2009
Nunya
Jardini's are known for being pretty aggressive MOST of the time. I wouldn't do it unless you know the Jardini is chill.

PeacockKeeper

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 23, 2008
Sacramento
Believe me when I say that...I had the very same question a while ago. http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247079

I didn't get a single response although there were 78 who viewed it and decided to take the risk and move them over for a bigger place to swim. It was cool during the first few month but then they started dying one by one within a week. Tested the water and it checked out good. We thought it may be a virus and did water changes and so forth but...

My brother would wake up or come home to see another dead and curled up in the shape of a boomerang.

Come to find out, as my mom had witnessed it, the australian arrow was ramming them and probably breaking their spine therefore killing them slowly.

It was a hard and loud impact as my mom had described it. It made her jump. Then my brother finally realized that the noise he heard one night (he thought someone was breaking into the house) was actually a australian arrow killing session.

I lost the whole batch to his arrowana and his arrow is still swimming today.

mrdee

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2009
WI
WOW......Jardini Aros are something else. Thanks for your comments and suggestions.

Smok3o3

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2010
Colorado
would the p bass pick on other fish like the jar? or would it be the other way around? Ive never had p bass and wondering how their attitude is, I also been thinking of mixing those two together.

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
haychinook did this succesfully. Its all up to the fish. Some jars are really agro once they get a little bigger. YOur best of raising them together from a smaller size.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store