New Odd Pickup At LFS

Mr Pleco

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2006
West
LFS found what I think is an L121/ L305/L135, not knowing origin point, need help to identify, pics to follow as soon as I can get a clear one. Pleco is bright gold body, very thin worm like black stripes irregular pattern on face. thick black stripes on dorsal fin and mid body to tail 6". I was wondering is this pleco hard to come by or is it just the fact that all kansas lfs have no clue what fish they should stock

Also right now it is a little stress out and letting the color develop better then a alot of pics will come:cool-1:

Mr Pleco

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2006
West
Well after the he settled I can tell he is not A worm line pleco L305. But now I am even more puzzled by this Have no clue.

Here a couple of pics. He is still getting used to the tank and now swimming around.

The body when not stress loses those big thick stripes on the mid body. The gold is much brighter then shown

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
it almost looks like a Hypostomus sp. that looks more like L37(which it isnt). its not the orange that the Peckoltia you thought it might be are. hmm

Mr Pleco

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2006
West
it almost looks like a Hypostomus sp. that looks more like L37(which it isnt). its not the orange that the Peckoltia you thought it might be are. hmm
We we first got it was bright gold with little dark lines, now it has settled in the tank with that color. I thought it was an L37 but we crossing breeds it could be a mixer of things

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
how dark is the substate? doesnt look to dark. in my new tank with black gravel the one gibby i put in there darkened up so much in a matter of hours. it used to be so pretty too. he wont be in there forever though.

Mr Pleco

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2006
West
how dark is the substate? doesnt look to dark. in my new tank with black gravel the one gibby i put in there darkened up so much in a matter of hours. it used to be so pretty too. he wont be in there forever though.

It is called I believe mocha rock it is a mixer of light brown to a dark brown and added some little gravel through the whole tank. Then a piece of wood turned the entire tank an nice amber color.

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
lol i just got back from holiday, and the new large piece of bogwood...o my...
amber i wish. i cant see my fish!
if i were you, id be tempted to add 'Hypostomus sp?' to my sig lol

Mr Pleco

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2006
West

I think I will. And tomorrow I will have to add a L239 and possible a couple more because a lfs is getting in 10 different fancy plecos 3 of each. Just depends on size,L#, and price. Also after I read your new sticky at the top I know now what this pleco is:cool-1:

L011- Hypostomus emarginatus cf or Squaliforma emarginata

Mr Pleco

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2006
West

Hey davo have any recent pics of your L 91

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
mate, i dont have any pics of it lol, IM lucky to see it, let alone showing the like of you lol. that thread is a coming up to a year old lol, some stuff is out of date, etc, ill do another one, i was always going too, but forgot about it to be honest.
just so you know Squaliforma emarginata is current correct name for it, but i dont think the one you got there is it, and if it is it is very dark. there are a few of the L11 lot, its locality and distribution is quite extensive, so they just figure they are all the same pleco(although there are lots of tiny variations), just different rivers/ tributaries/countries etc.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store